Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

promega 3 not available

ferran rc

Hello,

Sorry for my english, it's not very good, i write from spain.

I'm an amateur pianist, and after reading some formus, webpages, etc... to try to decide what digital piano to buy, I finally decided (after I saw the demo videos of the promega 3 in the GEM web, and listened to the sounds demos) to buy The Promega 3.

Last week i sent an e-mail to the spanish dealer of GEM, asking where could I buy a Promega 3, and he answered me that Gem has stopped the production of this digital piano!

What deception!!

Anyone knows why Gem has stopped producing the Promega 3?

There will be in next months a new model, with the specifications of the promega 3? or better?

If anyone can help me i would be agreed, because I was decided to buy one, and now I can't!!

I think is the best digital piano I've heard, and I'm really very interested in buying one, but if anyone knows if GEM will start selling a new model, maybe I'll wait sometime

Sorry for my english another time

Thanks

Ferran

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've also read on the generalmusicus.com forum that production of the PM3 has been halted - until sufficient orders have been placed to warrant another run

Can you blame them? People seem to prefer less, for less.

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

I also am told that there are also some new european rules regarding lead content in components... I have had my Promega 3 in repair for over 6 months while the official GEM repair people in the UK try and source the parts from GEM Italy....

Its ridiculous... I will not buy anything like that again. Of course I could be being told a pack of rubbish... 6 months though!!!

Wow, if it were up to Dave, I think he'd send you a brand new replacement from their US warehouse, for all your trouble. In fact, let's petition him.

DAVVEEEEEEEEE ! !

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

Originally posted by gangsu:

I've also read on the generalmusicus.com forum that production of the PM3 has been halted - until sufficient orders have been placed to warrant another run

Can you blame them?

If they ask you a deposit if you want to order one, yes.

If what you've read happens to be true, IMO that would be a strange way to do business. I mean, you offer/manufacture a product or you don't. Reminds me of a certain local store that sold CDs where the guy asked you a few bucks so he could order a CD he didn't currently have in stock. :freak:

Hopefully, what you've read on the GM forums was just an Internet rumour.

Originally posted by Cydonia:

Hopefully, what you've read on the GM forums was just an Internet rumour.

Ummmmm, that's rumor.

Dictionary Link

Is your spell-checker not working, Mr. Cydonia? ;)

Kidding... I'm kidding. You and gangsu and Sven Golly are all fine people. I love ya to death. :P

But you can't spell for sh*t. :eek:

Yeah.

And these people?... they didn't get it right either.

http://www.asc-studio-acoustics.com/images/rumours-sm.jpg

...Gas runs for cover. :freak:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Check into a Yamaha CP300. It just came out yesterday and I'm sure it is available in Spain too. :D

Pardon my sense of humour. ;) I'm serious about the DP. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Originally posted by Is There Gas in the Car?:

Is your spell-checker not working, Mr. Cydonia? ;)

With the years, I've found that French is often closer to the British than to the American written language. Rumour... Humour... As long as I don't get a tumour. L'amour, c'est comme un jour...

Sorry for the détournement (Hi Jack). :cool:

Ferran : Your English is just fine.

Originally posted by orangefunk:

I also am told that there are also some new european rules regarding lead content in components...

Are you talking about http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/RoHS ?

Originally posted by orangefunk:

I have had my Promega 3 in repair for over 6 months while the official GEM repair people in the UK try and source the parts from GEM Italy....

Its ridiculous... I will not buy anything like that again. Of course I could be being told a pack of rubbish... 6 months though!!!

Today, my desparate quest for the Promega 3 has come to an end - it's just been delivered 2 hours ago - I'm a lucky person now, thanks to luckymusic.com :D

It must be one of the last PM3's delivered to any dealer in Europe...

Hope it will run forever without any flaws. It's got the latest firmware installed: 1.06, so I guess it's been produced lately.

Regarding availability - maybe they just need to adjust the production line for the PM3 to RoHS compliance. Or maybe they gonna replace the PM3 with the PM2 as it is more mainstream. I consider the PM3 as a prestige thing - sort of GEM's Maybach stage piano - maybe they now focus on making money with the A-Class PRP700/PRP800 and the S-Class Promega 2 :)

Archived