Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Advice on simple sequencer/sampler for live use?

DanS

Hello all,

The Emu E4XT I picked up about 6 months ago is no end of frustration for me for live use.

The reason I picked it up was to have a unit that could load up SMF's for use with the sequencer, and also to have the ability to sample sounds from cover tunes that our band does live. For the samplling side of things, the unit has worked well, but the sequencer is a major pain in the ass. I just don't find it intuitive at all (maybe I'm just to used to the wide open space of a DAW sequencer).

Anyway, I'm looking around for something small (Emu is 3U's high), has a simple sequencer, bit of synth sounds, and can sample short sections of material, etc, above all "easy to use"

Is there anything besides Roland's SP-XXX boxes I should be looking at?

Thanks.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

Montage M7, MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XS Rack, PolyEvolver, Voyager, Cobalt 8X, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by DanS:

Anyway, I'm looking around for something small (Emu is 3U's high), has a simple sequencer, bit of synth sounds, and can sample short sections of material, etc, above all "easy to use"

Thanks. [/QB]

juno-g meets all your requirements, plus it's cheap.
♫♫♫ motif XS6, RD700GX

Dan,

I've been trying to get a hold of the new Korg Kaoss KP3. It may not be for you but you should know what it is. It has a limited phrase sampler and it certainly doesn't have a sequencer. But it does have some nifty controller capabilities and nice effects. I have put a deposit on one and am waiting for it to arrive. I figure it may provide some of the backing tracks I am looking for and also provide some resampling.

Jerry

PS: Some Youtubes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzfi0Wsk2to

Archived