Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Howard Jones interview / podcast free online

nursers

Hi there,

I had the pleasure of interviewing Howard Jones by phone around a week ago for a magazine I write for. I've created a podcast of it which can be found:

right here

Please excuse the quality of the interviewer's voice - he has some work to do in that regard :)

I'd be interested in anyone's feedback, including his interesting theory on film scoring ;)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Cydonia:

Hi Nursers,

I tried your interview the first time you mentioned it here but it doesn't work on my PC. I guess I need a Mac or some Mac plug-in, right? Unless some other thing doesn't trigger.

But I'd like to listen to it for sure. :)

Hi Cydonia - sorry, it is in QuickTime format (m4a) - I have uploaded it as an MP3 here..... :)

Nursers, I see you've edited your initial post. But I must tell you I had a little fun listening to your voice, because it sounds like you're in a bathroom or some ceramic tile-coated room. But I could clearly understand your words. :) Something I can't say about Mr. Jones. Remember, my mother tongue is french, so it's not easy for me. But Mr. Jones seems to be very hesitating in his talking. ;)

But please don't take offense, it find it interesting and I think it's great that people like you offer exclusive interviews here. :thu:

Originally posted by Cydonia:

Nursers, I see you've edited your initial post. But I must tell you I had a little fun listening to your voice, because it sounds like you're in a bathroom or some ceramic tile-coated room. But I could clearly understand your words. :) Something I can't say about Mr. Jones. Remember, my mother tongue is french, so it's not easy for me. But Mr. Jones seems to be very hesitating in his talking. ;)

But please don't take offense, it find it interesting and I think it's great that people like you offer exclusive interviews here. :thu:

Hi Cydonia,

You're feedback is more than valid ;) The podcast version has better sound quality as I tweaked it further after crreating the MP3. But yes, I'm far from happy with the quality of the interviewer side of things - I've been told it sounds like I'm in a toilet on the original version :D

Originally posted by soundscape:

Originally posted by nursers:

including his interesting theory on film scoring ;)

"Inferior form of art"???!!! Hmm. I suppose he has a point, but still...
Heheh yes I thought it was an interesting perspective for sure - I personally believe films can't be what they are without music...

George Lucas once said "Sound is 50% of the picture." Who's to disagree?

Much soundtrack material, I suppose, doesn't stand up outside of the movie, but that's no reason to write it off... either way, the best stuff is great.

It sounded to me like Howard Jones was joking, though. ;)

• 4 months later...

Well the interview was a long time ago now but I finally got to see HJ on Friday night - he remains one hell of a performer. I believe he's going back to the US later in the year - well worth seeing if you get the opportunity :thu:

Archived