Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

sampler + synth + ???

dalpozlead

Where can I find information (Im a newbie in the samplers world) about how to use a synth, like triton extreme to play samples (Im interested in the Symphony of Voices collection).

My basic questions are:

- How can this be possible with only 16MB available in the triton for sampling?

- How these sample libraries organize the sounds?

- How a ahhhh choir sample, (for example), is normally presented?, one sample per octave? One sample for each note?

Is there any specific home page for that?

Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Expandable to 96MB, TRITON Extreme ships with 16MB of sample memory.

TRITON Extreme is compatible with WAV, AIFF, AKAI S1000/S3000 and KORG format sample data.

Advanced conversion load allows AKAI programs to be loaded into a new program or multilevel combination with the filter settings, envelope settings, and velocity switching parameters preserved for enhanced compatibility."

Pick up sample libraries in the above referenced formats. Using the Akai format (S1000/S3000), it appears the Korg will use the program info too.

With WAV and AIFF files, you would be responsible for the keymapping necessary to create a program.

The Triton Extreme manual should lay out exactly what is required for mapping samples across the keyboard in order to create programs.

Give it a shot and come back with specific roadblocks if encountered. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Originally posted by ProfD:

The Triton Extreme manual should lay out exactly what is required for mapping samples across the keyboard in order to create programs.

Give it a shot and come back with specific roadblocks if encountered. :cool:

Agreed. Korg tech support and specific korg forums are also help here as well. The manual isn't particularly clear in some areas.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

I have Symphony of Voices. It is designed to work with 32MB samplers, meaning there is no single patch larger than 32MB. There are a, b, and c versions of each patch where a uses the most RAM and has the most multisamples, b in between and c the least.

Example:

London Choir and London Men

Choir and Men Aahs 32MB

Choir and Men Oohs1 32MB

Choir and Men Oohs2 32MB

Choir and Men Oos 32MB

As you can see each patch, in full form takes 32MB. The load time on 32MB into the Triton will be noticable, especially if it's translating from a foreign format. Even with 96MB RAM and using the b or c versions of the patches, you're still only going to be able to load a tiny fraction of the five CD library into RAM at one time.

With software samplers, these patches load nearly instantaneously and you don't have the memory constraints. I couldn't imagine trying to use a library like this on a Triton, but that's just me.

Busch.

Archived