Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

M-Audio Pro Keys 88

Dave Horne

I'm not looking to buy one as I have a CP300 waiting for me in a store in Germany. It's already paid for I just have to get it here.

There was a review of Pro Keys 88 recently in Keyboard magazine and the review was favorable (as I recall).

I'm really interested in hearing from anyone here re the piano and Rhodes sound of this keyboard. (I'll try and find the issue where this was reviewed and give it another read.)

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This review is for the the lightweight board with semi weighted keys. the Pro Keys 88sx

a bit different from the Pro Keys 88 fully weighted,.

this review was probably what you read Dave...

but do you need a review on the weighted Pro keys 88?

or is it mainly for the sounds which this review I think would cover, as the sounds are probably the same

Soundscape, thanks for the link. I have the issue somewhere in my house. (The latest issue only arrived today at my house.)

I'm going to try and find one here to play; I contacted the distributeur and am waiting for a reply. The price seems excellent.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

I have played the M-Audio Prokeys 88 stage/controller. It is not bad at all especially considering the price.

The onboard sounds are pretty good. The piano is decent, both the Rhodes and Clav sound nice. It has everyone's favorite DX7 EP. :P

The keyboard didn't feel great but it is certainly playable. Would it take the place of your dedicated DP in terms of sound and feel? Probably not.

However, if I ever needed an 88-note controller with sounds, at $600, I would certainly get it instead of a CME UF8. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

but do you need a review on the weighted Pro keys 88?
Need? Nah, I just want to hear from guys who own one. I'm curious about the piano and Rhodes sound.

I played the prokeys 88 a few months ago. I thought the piano was good, not great but useable. I would prefer other things out there and the CP33 you're getting is a better piano sound IMO. The rhodes is acutally not that bad. I loved the Ep's on it though and I spent alot of time playing it. I agree that with Prof D that I would get it instead of a CME UF8. As a matter of fact if I needed a controller, for the price, this is the way I would go unless I could get the original S90 for an unbelievable price.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

Dave:

I can't answer your question about the quality of any of the ProKeys 88's sounds, but I put my hands on one in my local Guitar Center last week and was quite disappointed by the basic quality of the keybed and action. I realize the thing only costs US$600, so perhaps my expectations were too high, but I thought the action was terrible, and the basic build quality also seemed questionable (e.g., noticeable inconsistencies in the spaces between keys on the model that I saw).

Just one guy's opinion, but I thought I'd share it.

Noah

Archived