Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Lennie Tristano Festival on WKCR 11/7 - 11/11. . .

Legatoboy

Just a Reminder that this is going on now on WKCR!

Running from 11/7 through 11/11. . . .24hrs a day I think!

Shapp is on right now!

http://www.columbia.edu/cu/wkcr

or

WKCR

lb

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LB, you found another Tristanoite on the forum!

7Notemode, you'll need to read the long "So what chord is this?" thread and pass us your "Tristanoite" thoughts.

Hamburg Steinway O, Crumar Mojo, Nord Electro 4 HP 73, EV ZXA1

Delirium & Jazzee,

I went to my lesson last night and my teach. was glued to the radio. I listened (streamed) at work all afternoon and listened driving to my lesson. At night John Easton, Sal Mosca (my teachers teach) and Conny Coruthers(sp) were on the Musicians show. It was all about Lennie teaching approach. It was really really good regardless to weather you are a Tristano-ite or not......IT went on late into the night live with Conny..

the show runs until Sat at 12 noon... It's his teaching..... really how he taught improv.....thats unique! beside his playing!

John Easton CD(think the last one) is really really good, check out Zinnia Records website(sp).... I met him at one of my teachers gigs!

werry werry werry wrewarding!

goot run to work, later dudes!

lb

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Delirium,

Larry could play the fest.... I could/would not....I'm still learning....

Larry is pretty well respected by all of them (John,Sal,Conny) and shares rhythm sections with John and Sal. That section was Larrys for 12+ years btw.....

lb

Originally posted by Legatoboy:

Delirium,

Larry could play the fest.... I could/would not....I'm still learning....

Larry is pretty well respected by all of them (John,Sal,Conny) and shares rhythm sections with John and Sal. That section was Larrys for 12+ years btw.....

lb

yes, but we all always will be learning, so how do we know when is enough and we're ready to perform? :)
♫♫♫ motif XS6, RD700GX

delirium,

I'm working on it. Really I need about 6 months to a year sessioning with a drummer and/ or Bass player or just solo stuff and I'd give it a whirl and try to get some gigs! I need more time really and more tunes and time to practice with or w/o a trio or bass player.

I'd consider solo too! I work a 40 hour week... but now that the blues band is gone I have more time to concentrate on 'my gig', we'll see! I'm trying to stay away from the 'other' music. There is a swing oriented band that I can make good $ with though out in the Hamptons that I used to work with regularly, closer to the stuff I study, I'll probably always work with them anyway if they throw me work, but it's more of a swing/rock outfit....good musicians..

I just need to find time now..... things are headed there!

lb

Archived