Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NAMM KC dinner 2007

Dave Bryce

So, no one else has any feedback on this? :confused:

I need as accurate a head count as possible, guys...I need to know who's coming and who's not, as they have asked me to tell them in advance what we want to eat in order to avoid the non-refundable deposit and banquet menu.

Please...if you're planning on coming, confirm it here.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Steve Nathan:

I've just learned that you need an accurate head count. Since I can't say for sure, I will have to bow out.

I've had several people bow out, unfortunately....and a bunch of others who aren't able to say for sure if they can make it or not.

Over the past few years, this has usually been prety easy to do. We book the restaurant, people show up, we eat, hang out, pay and leave. Unfortunately, it seems that due to scheduling conflicts and new restaurant policies, it just ain't going to be as easy to do as it's been in the past...and I think I've just got too much to do with the actual trade show to make this happen.

Consequently, I'm actually thinking of cancelling it...unless someone else wants to help with the arrangements...?

dB

Originally posted by burningbusch:

Well I'm down for it but if it's a big PITA for you don't sweat it.

It's not that it's a big PITA - it's that it's becoming a lot more involved to do it right than it has been in the past. It's been so easy and fun - now it feels like a chore...and I've got a bunch of those with the show coming up. ;)

Plus, maybe it's my imagination, but folks don't seem as into it as usual...makes it more difficult to get into it, y'know? Maybe we should just do a smaller get together instead of shooting for big dinner. Hmmmm...

Okay, let's try this. I'm wiping the slate clean. If it stays small, then we won't have the problem of having to pre-choose the menu.

So, who would like to try to get together for a dinner on Thursday evening the 18th?

So far, we've got:

dB (maybe with guests)

Erik Norlander

zxcvbnm098

BurningBusch

Superboy

dB

Originally posted by steadyb:

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

So, who would like to try to get together for a dinner on Thursday evening the 18th?

Where are you going to eat?
Don't know why we still can't go to Buca. I dig the place...

You should get out of your Thursday night thing and join us. :idea:

dB

I hope those who are going are 100% certain they have their badges secured. It's more restrictive this year, and as we are a non-exhibiting NAMM corporate member, we only get four, and they can't be time-shared or even swapped out if someone can't make it. We have fifteen who had counted on being there and bought plane tickets, so are now scurrying to see if we can get in (even via $150 "extra badge" request from a partner firm); though it's probably too late.

If any of you are occasional readers of the Yamaha Motif forum and haven't visited it lately, go to the Motif ES forum and let them know if you are interested in a special event they are trying to arrange regarding the Motif XS workstation. They need a head count ASAP.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Okay, let's try this. I'm wiping the slate clean. If it stays small, then we won't have the problem of having to pre-choose the menu.

So far, we've got:

dB (maybe with guests)

Erik Norlander

zxcvbnm098

BurningBusch

Superboy

dB

I lost track of this thread because I thought we were all getting together at Buca di Beppo and that it was pretty much a done deal, so apologies for not piping up.

I am definitely into a dinner, and if we are having even a small one on Thursday, I will be there.

??? I doubt I will be attending NAMM on Thursday (most likely during the weekend), so I would drive down to Anaheim from Glendale just for the dinner. Are we still on???

Originally posted by Ken/Eleven Shadows:

??? I doubt I will be attending NAMM on Thursday (most likely during the weekend), so I would drive down to Anaheim from Glendale just for the dinner. Are we still on???

Yes.

Updated list:

dB (maybe with guests)

Erik Norlander

zxcvbnm098

BurningBusch

Superboy

Frostbyte

Ken Eleven Shadows

Frank Lucas + 4

Chynablue/Eric

dB

Dave, has your contact at Buca given any indication as to how the restaurant might handle those of us who couldn't commit in advance if we happened to show up anyway? Would there be an extra wait? Would they turn us away or try to fit us in?

Thanks again.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Originally posted by ivorycj:

C.J. Lewis + 2, maybe 4, but doubtful.

I'll count you as a +2.

Originally posted by gearmike:

Got room for me?

Always. :thu:

Originally posted by Geoff Grace:

Dave, has your contact at Buca given any indication as to how the restaurant might handle those of us who couldn't commit in advance if we happened to show up anyway? Would there be an extra wait? Would they turn us away or try to fit us in?

You're thinking too much, and you're making my brain hurt, brother Geoff. ;)

All we're trying to do here is get a handle on how many people are coming. Then, if it's over 20, I'm going to have to order as much of the dinner in advance as I can so that their kitchen has an easier time handling us. Capiche?

For right now, if you think you may make it, why don't you just assume you'll be there? If you don't make it, I'm sure someone will eat yer food. :D

dB

If you don't make it, I'm sure someone will eat yer food. :D

dB

Count me in, I'll eat Geoff's share if he doesn't show...

Seriously, what the f*ck with the candles? Where does this candle impulse come from, and in what other profession does it get expressed?

-steve albini

Originally posted by Geoff Grace:

And my wife may join us as well.

Best,

Geoff

It will be nice to say "hi" to Ongelique :thu:

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com