Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

International gear shipping?

dalpozlead

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess you'll have to do a few long distance calls and contact them directly. A good music store will not refuse a sale in a "foreign" country if they know you are serious. Of course, be ready for some shipping charges accordingly.

It's also good to check directly on the phone if the seller is serious or not. If you buy on places like E-bay from a person instead of a store, watch out for fraud even more. Again, a few phone calls can reveal some details about if you should go ahead or forget about a particular seller.

Another important thing to make sure is if the warranty will still apply if shipped in your country. The best in that case is to contact the manufacturer directly. :)

Originally posted by Cydonia:

I guess you'll have to do a few long distance calls and contact them directly. A good music store will not refuse a sale in a "foreign" country if they know you are serious. Of course, be ready for some shipping charges accordingly.

Hmm... does this include if they state that they are not permitted to by the manufacturer?

Originally posted by soundscape:

Hmm... does this include if they state that they are not permitted to by the manufacturer?

I don't understand. :confused:

I can buy from Sweetwater USA, and they send the stuff here through CAN customs legally, and whatever charges are applied and everybody is happy : me, the music store, the customs to charge their profit, my country and the other country. Perfectly legal business was going.

Why would this be not permitted for Brazil? Especially if there are not many stores there, as specified above? If a manufacturer doesn't permit this, they simply shoot themselves in the foot, IMHO. :)

Ola Dalpozlead,

Bom, conheço muito bem o seu problema, pois tambem moro no Brasil.

Tenho uma pessoa em NY que trabalhou muitos anos na Sam Ash e agora esta free lance. O nome é Arnaldo, e ele trabalha muito bem nesse sentido, inclusive com transportadora e entrega na sua casa.

Aí vai o e-mail dele: arnexp@aol.com

Eu recomendo,

Boa sorte, abrs,

Mú Carvalho

I should add that I have had no problems ordering stuff from the US and ordering it in European voltage (220 - 240 VAC, 50 hz).

(The stuff I order is typically sent to an APO as a 'gift' to a friend.)

Rather than waste your money on long distance phone calls, just send e-mails to several well known online stores and see who wants to take your money. I don't know the import tax in Brazil but in Holland it's 25% and add to that 19% VAT ... and they even tax the shipping. (Those charges do not apply to items sent to an APO however.)

I would first inquire in your own country about your import tax. It might not be worth your while to buy outside of your country.

There are weight and size restrictions, you have to look into that as well.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Archived