Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard bags

Skythe

Hey guys. I was hoping to get a bag for my Casio WK3200.

Does it matter if the bag is a few inches larger or whatever? And has anybody had experience with World Tour bags?

Thanks.

Casio WK 3200: $250.00

Behringer Ultratone FX900: $180.00

Roadrunner bag: $40.00

Intrument cable: $25.00

Radioshack Stand: $10.00

Rocking out of the cheapest equipment you can find: priceless.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My Levy's bag is longer than my FP2 by about 5 inches. It was originaly purchaed for my Kurzweil PC2X digital piano. The extra length does not matter. It does mean you could fit a different and larger board.

Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 800 of Harry's solo piano arrangements and tutorials at https://www.patreon.com/HarryLikas These arrangements are for teaching solo piano chording using Harry's 2+2 harmony method.

Wow, thanks for the nice quick response. If the bag is larger, won't the keyboard be sliding around everywhere when you're lugging around?

A bigger bag should not be a problem. If you want to secure the keyboard better, grab a few pieces of foam or some other material.

DO NOT use the extra bag space for loose cables, pedals, etc. They will scratch up the board or worse.

I am not familiar with World Tour bags. Good luck and welcome to the forum. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Alright, thanks for the advice!

A soft bag is OK for your board if you (or someone you know and trust) are handling your gear. Otherwise, get a hard case from a reputable maker.

Yeah, I know they're expensive, but the only law of economics most of us need to know is:

"There's no such thing as a free lunch."

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

I use a Groove Pak soft case for my WK3700. It is about five or so inches longer than the board. The case though fits snug across the board, so I have not have much of any problem with the keyboard moving around inside the bag. I use the extra space to store the power supply and the sustain pedal.

I have hauled it back and forth to practice weekly for about a year and have hauled it to gigs in the back of my van or various trailers and have not had a problem.

The only problem I do have is the d#mn cat peed in the case when it was empty and I can't get rid of the odor....UGGHHH.

BD

1956 Hammond C3 with Leslie 122, Roland V-Combo, Trek II Preamp, Peavey KB 100, 1976 Natural Maple Rickenbacker 4001S bass

And yes folks, I do gig with a Casio WK 3700...So there!

I use a GigSkinz bag. It has a lot of padding,wheels and nice soft velcro straps to hold your board in place. The zippers however seem to need a little finesse sometimes. Which brings me to this point. If You have two zippers ,zip them both to the middle. If one does get stuck on you ,you can still pull your board out of the bag for your gig.

Personally I am saving for two hardshells.

The website below has some nice charts on fitting bags

Finecases

Sliding around is not a problem even though the bag is much too big.

Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 800 of Harry's solo piano arrangements and tutorials at https://www.patreon.com/HarryLikas These arrangements are for teaching solo piano chording using Harry's 2+2 harmony method.

Yeah.

You can always stuff a cloth inside or as Prof D mentioned a piece of Foam.

Me personally? I use a legend bag. I tried searching for their website but I couldn't find it.

It just fits my FP2. Very snugly. According to the measurements, the bag was supposed to be a few inches shorter than my FP2, but when we put it in, turned out that it was just right. So perhaps they measure key length excluding the extra pouch on the side so yeah, you might want to put that into consideration.

That said, it's best to find a store with your keyboard in it and then try fitting it in a case. You may get surprised ;) sometimes seemingly smaller measurements bags fit, whilst sometimes seemingly larger bags may fit snugly too.

Archived