Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nord Electro Problems

Stevie J

Hi Guys

Ive been looking on the forum for a while now and have decided to join as I need some advice.

I've been the proud owner of a nord electro for about 9 months and I love it, but i've just been getting a few problems with it in the last few weeks.

Firstly the vibrato on/off button as become stuck in the down position thus meaning I can't turn the vibrato on or off. It feels like the spring that makes the button return has become broken. To make things worse other buttons (modulation selection and maunal split buttons) have either become stuck or are taking a long time to return to the up position. This is really annoying especially when trying to change the effects while playing. And to make things even worse when I was trying to save a new patch the other day the "store" key wouldn't respond and hasn't ever since. The button works properly but nothing happens when you press it.

I wouldn't say I was heavy handed when pressing buttons as I take great care over my electro, ( I have to, it cost enough!). And I don't gig with it that regularly so I wouldn't say it was down to excessive use that it has broken.

Has anyone else out there had similar problems, if so what did you do? Clavia have suggested that I return it to the shop I bought it from which I will have to do but i'm worried that once its fixed it may do it again but when its out of warrenty.

I know I can rely on you guys for help.

myspace.com/jayjams

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Stevie J:

[QBHas anyone else out there had similar problems, if so what did you do? Clavia have suggested that I return it to the shop I bought it from which I will have to do but i'm worried that once its fixed it may do it again but when its out of warrenty.

I know I can rely on you guys for help. [/QB]

Well, if you wait, you won't even get it fixed once under warranty.

Definitely a hardware problem (I haven't had the problem in two years), I'd take Clavia's advice and get it into a shop. Good luck!

Botch

In Wine there is Wisdom

In Beer there is Freedom

In Water there is bacteria

I haven't heard of these sort of problems, but you might check on the Nord Electro Yahoo group:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/NordElectro/?yguid=163045369

There are a lot of knowledable and helpful folks there.

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

I've been an Electro user for about 4 years and also read the Electro forum regularly. I have never had this problem or heard anyone report it - most Electro problems were issues with mother boards on the v1.0 hardware and also some sporadic issues with the keybed. Clavia and their distributors do the best they can to remedy any problems, even beyond the warranty period. I would suggest that you return it for service or a replacement ASAP.

Regards,

Eric

+1 on get it fixed right away.

I, too, take very good care of my instruments and don't abuse them. All of my buttons and switches are working fine (knock on wood"-en end caps"!)

The only problem I've had with my NE73 in 9 months is a loose screw on a wooden end cap. The Nord people helped out right away - great support.

k

Hammond B3, Leslie 122 - is there anything else?

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll try and get the keyboard back to the shop I bought it from as soon as possible.

Unfortunately I turned it on today to find more problems. Now when I push the button to pull out the 2' drawbar, the 1 3/5' comes out with it without pressing the button. Likewise with the 5 1/3' and 8' drawbars. I think i've got gremlins in my machine. How frustrating!

myspace.com/jayjams

Has the case been damaged in any way? Any dents, top or bottom? I had an Electro 61 that was damaged in shipping and it displayed many of the problems you've described. It's also possible the internal circut board has become damaged or is no longer secured properly to the posts.

Busch.

I had the exact same problem that you are describing only it was one of the effects selector buttons. The good news is that it was not serious. I took it to my dealer who simply removed the top panel and reattached it. The buttons actually become wedged against it and won't disengage. You may be able to do this yourself but if you bought it new it is still under warranty. Under those circumstances it is usually a good idea to let someone authorized open it up. Just in case... I have not had the problem you describe with the drawbars. Good luck.
Fender Rhodes (x4) / Wurlitzer 200A / NE3 61 / Motif XS6 / Korg SV-1 73

I have the same problem and surprisingly Clavia support is pretty much useless. It is a flaw in the design and it seems to happen when the keyboard expands during the summer. I'm not too worried about it because mine is the Leslie stop button but would be pissed if it were another because there is no reason to believe that it can be fixed.

Really sounds like you need to get that Electro to a shop right away. Just doesn't make sense to let the problems add up. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Archived