Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

ALL ZED LEPPELIN...ALL THE TIME!!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I only enjoy a few LZ songs. The ones with the tame solos and cool basslines. Was that an internet or radio station? On my iTunes there's an all Beatles all the time I believe. The only station in Dallas that plays classic rock is 92.5 KZPS. And, imagine this, all they really play is Kiss (sorta) Zeppelin Pink Floyd Stones

[i]"In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man And now I've reached that age I've tried to do all those things the best I can No matter how I try I find my way to the same old jam Good times, bad times You know I've had my share When my woman left home For a brown eyed man But I still don't seem to care"[/i] ...break out the violin bow. ;)

[quote]Originally posted by CowbellAllen: [b]I only enjoy a few LZ songs. The ones with the tame solos and cool basslines. Was that an internet or radio station? On my iTunes there's an all Beatles all the time I believe. The only station in Dallas that plays classic rock is 92.5 KZPS. And, imagine this, all they really play is Kiss (sorta) Zeppelin Pink Floyd Stones[/b][/quote]Sounds kinda like KSLX in Pheonix. I must say I like the early zeppelin but I can not stand the synth stuff. :rolleyes:
If I was talking to the ice cream, I would be eating you.

Don't know WHAT causes these "classic rock" jags. It's bad enough to get stuck on a pitiful few groups, but the same song over and over, too. WCSX in Detroit(well, Birmingham, actually)not only got into a Guess Who jones back in the early '90's, but it would seem that they thought "No Sugar Tonight" was the only recording they ever made! Now, I DID like a lot of Guess Who tunes, but "No Sugar" wasn't one of them. AND nowhere near their best effort! It was the same with Spirit's "Nature's Way." Hey, why not "Fresh Garbage"? Every now and then? I quit listening to that station a while ago, so I don't know what kick they're on now... Whitefang
I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

[quote]Originally posted by DC_Jim: [b] Or move to Delaware. For the past twenty years, it's been Thorogood (understandable) & Skynyrd all the time.[/b][/quote]well yes and no. when i lived there, besides the usual dreck, wxdr in newark was full of great programming. i learned who jimmy cliff, solomon burke, hound dog taylor and many others were all from listening to jimmy grant and b.j. on that station. :) -d. gauss

Well, I knew the Bunnyman was a Zephead from his avatar. I used to like Zep, quite a bit...until I got tired of blown-to-the-bone people at parties slobbering all over me and saying (Slurring unbelievably) "PLAYYY SOME ZEPPPPPPELINNNN, MAAAANNNN". Then it was like, time for something else.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

I definitely have mixed feelings about LZ. One one hand they did do a lot of experimental/pioneering interesting things and they did write some great material. On the other hand, they ripped off a lot of other artists, are WAY overplayed on the radio, and Plant's voice is like nails on a chalkboard. Oh, and this is for dBunny: [img]http://www.salorlando.com/smilies/violin.gif[/img]

The last time I ever heard a station that was doing wacky stuff like the things you've been describing, it eventually turned out that the wacky stuff was only filler while they were getting their new format together. Then they relaunched as a station that sucked.

LZ was exactly who I thought of when the Stones thing happened, then I thought it might be an Invasion station, but then maybe Hendrix - he had some British connection. Could go Yardbirds, then like geneaology to Mayall/Cream/Blind Faith/Derek/Clapton. Then another branch could follow Jeff Beck, as Page is already represented. Floyd would have a deep vein to mine. It's interesting to say the least, though the Fabs are my favorite, with EC close behind. It doesn't seem that this is happening anywhere else. I'm gonna tune to the station now, as the last changes took place at the end of the weekend. And lifting the curtain... voila Van Halen. Van Morrison would have been my choice.

He not busy being born

Is busy dyin'.

...Bob Dylan

The only thing worse than Robert Plant's singing is Ringo Starr's drumming. I'm sure nobody on this message board has any problem with that. Why don't you all wake up and start listening to REAL music. Like my metal band, JEHOVA'S WHIPLASH. Check out our new release, featuring a cover of "All Along the Watchtower." We put Hendrix's version to shame (he was never as good as Steve Vai, anyway). I'd spam you with a URL, but there's no need... I'll be ringing your doorbell very soon. :freak:

[quote]Originally posted by eljefe: [b]The only thing worse than Robert Plant's singing is Ringo Starr's drumming. I'm sure nobody on this message board has any problem with that. Why don't you all wake up and start listening to REAL music. Like my metal band, JEHOVA'S WHIPLASH. Check out our new release, featuring a cover of "All Along the Watchtower." We put Hendrix's version to shame (he was never as good as Steve Vai, anyway). I'd spam you with a URL, but there's no need... I'll be ringing your doorbell very soon. :freak: [/b][/quote]ROTFL :D

Archived