Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Software for live use softsynth

Keyboardwizz

Hey, I'm thinking about playing live with laptop and softsynth controlled by a CME UF 8.

I was wondering what software I need to make live setups (splits & controllers) since the CME doesn't have those abbility's.

So I'm looking for software which can combine various VST softsynth'sand I can easily swich multi's during performance.

Kurzweil Forte, Roland Integra, Korg Prologue 8, KeyB duo, Korg Radias

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im using a CME with laptop and im sure it has a split function although i dont use it cos i have two keyboards. I use VSThost with multiple instances of both softsynth and effects - I havent run into any problems with it yet....
WHAT IS HIP?

There's some new stuff like KORE that handles splits and layers very easily. I just use Ableton Live but I have to admit it would be hard to do quick layers and splits. It takes a long time set each and you'll need the equivalent convenience of hardware for live use.

Hamburg Steinway O, Crumar Mojo, Nord Electro 4 HP 73, EV ZXA1

I just got CME uF6 with unweighted keys mainly for B4 and other bits and bobs. Its got plastic unweighted keys so the action is pretty much irrelevant in that respect.. But when i try the UF8 to test its weighted keys, If i like the action i will get one for sure. They are a superb range of boards functionally. (Cheap too..)
WHAT IS HIP?

I asked the same question - almost - a while ago,

the post was - how do you play your soft synths -

and I am real thankfull to the guy who pointed out energyXT, since then I am using it, you can create splitts easy,

energyXT has a lot of features besides that

the more I use it the more it blows me away

check it out

polysix

Archived