Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

slightly OT: GASsss for bassss

Nordude

Bought myself a 5-string bass. It's an OLP MM3, a licenced copy of a MM Stingray bass. Had to sub at a bass gig last Saturday and it was so great, I decided to take the plunge I considered before.

Have to train a bit... it's a bit heavier than a 4-string. But I like it nonetheless. :D

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude,

My experience has been that bass players tend to be weird. So let us know if you undergo any inexplicable changes. You know, hair where you didn't have it before, fangs, stuff like that. :)

Good luck with the new axe.

Regards,

Joe

Hey, bass players are cool. They're also powerful during improvised parts, and can completely change the quality of that chord you're playing.

If I were limited to a 2-person band, it'd have to be a keys and bass player.

Yep, think I'll tweak the left-side of that keyboard split. Go for more of a Music Man sound versus fretless. :cool:

Congrats on the purchase Nordude. All music related purchases are good. :D

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I had a chance to play bass and keys in a band a few years ago. I thought it would be cool to get one of those JB Player Fender pj copies. The one I picked was EXTRA cool because it had a built-in wireless. The bass was good sounding, but that wireless was a WASTE.

On the other hand, I have heard good things about OLP guitars. Many guitar players get those OLPs that look like the Eddie Van Halen Music Man, drop in some custom parts and end up with a hot rod. Good luck with your new bass!

chip

Thanks guys.

Have been playing my bass for a while today. I gotta adjust myself to 5-string (from 4-string). But I think I'll manage for the second bass sub job (next Saturday). Then, I might return to keyboards :)

Bought some accessories today. And was able to testdrive the Roland VR-760 [back in keyboards mode]. Nice instrument, liked the organ and leslie sound of it, as well as the keyboard. When spiced up with SRX-11 and/or -12 and/or -7 (unfortunately holds only 2 SRX's), this is a neat gigging board.

Archived