Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ya gotta love LA...

Dave Bryce

So, I take my son to this season's first football practice. We get out of the car at the field, and this knockout blonde gets out of the car next to me. Fabulous bod, big ol' mane of hair...can't quite see her fact behind the giant shades, though, but it's clear that she's really pretty...

Her kid gets out of the car...like my son, he's wearing a white T shirt with his name written on the back. I look - it says Lee.

I look at the nice blonde lady a bit closer...yep, it's Pamela Anderson. Turns out her kid Brandon is on the same team as mine. :cool:

I tell ya, there's nothing quite like living in Southern California... ;)

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Trill:

I suppose you will gladly take your son to practice every time .

Yes...yes I will. :)

I actually usually try to go to all of his practices as well as the games anyway, but this will make it a bit more...fun. :thu:

dB

Originally posted by DanS:

Bring her a MEK to play with.

I seem to remember she is more into woodwinds... :o
Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

The sides are wood..... ;)

I don't know... does the MEK support a breath controller? :idea:
Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

I'm glad you like LA. I found it to be pretty fucked unless one had lots of money and even then I found that spending an average of two hours a day in an automobile to be pretty isolating. It's also such a company town. The best night to go out to eat in LA was Oscar night because everything that had a pulse was watching. Everyone I knew when I was there either had too much time and not enough money or the reverse. I worked 100 to 110 hours a week.

Also, with all due respect, I found the women in LA (I'm unfairly generalizing here, there are of course many exceptions) to be far too focussed on their outward appearances and far too unfocussed on their behaviour. De gustibus non est disputandum.

Enjoy Ms. Anderson, and please do everything you can to keep her there.

Cheers,

Alan Tomlinson

Originally posted by zeronyne:

Was K.R. there? They just got hitched, right?

Both she and Kid Rock were there today.

I think they just got married, but I'm not really up on celebrity gossip. She's sporting one hell of a big-ass diamond ring, though....

dB

Try living in the upper midwest (location undisclosed). That is where the Pamelas grow up. By the acre. My high school yearbook looks like a Children of the Corn episode.

Interesting in a "what a small world" way, but you can have LA. (lyrics copywrited). ;)

Originally posted by Prague:

Try living in the upper midwest (location undisclosed). That is where the Pamelas grow up.

Thanks, but don't be stealing my country's thunder. Your 'upper midwest' girl is a product of beautiful British Columbia, Canada.... born on the 100th anniversary of our country's birth (July 1, 1967 for those not up on Canadian history ;) ) ... thankyouverymush. ;):cool:

I still have the her first Playboy issue. You'd hardly recognize her in it, compared to how she looks today. :(

(lyrics copywrited) ;)
Copyrighted. ;):P

Thanks Sven - actually she comes from just north of where I live (on what we call the Big Island).

My favourite definition of a celebrity: "someone that's famous for being famous".

My personal take is that PA fits that definition quite well, although she may be busting out at the seams. ;);)

Ooops - just remembered - she's two months older than my daughter - also a Centennial project!!

we have Shannon Tweed hailing from Newfoundland

http://www.mk-magazine.com/photogallery/kisskonnection/kissbatch2/Shannon.jpg

Oh... that Shannon Tweed...

Originally posted by Sven Golly:

I still have the her first Playboy issue. You'd hardly recognize her in it, compared to how she looks today. :(

Yeah, she went from pretty to bizarre IMO. I have an issue with her on the cover and she is so different. And when you look at how she looked on Tool Time..., uh, Home Improvement, she looked good there too. Now, I don't know what to think. Too much time in La La Land, I guess! :D

And Shannon Tweed married Gene Simmons. I mean, is there a bigger way to say, "ewwwww!"

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

LA is a cool place to the extent that:

When there is $$$ to be made, I'm out there. :cool:

As soon as I've got cash in hand, I'm outta there. :wave:

Back on topic, db, keep the boy in football as long as you've got that kinda view! ;)

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Originally posted by Silver Dragon Sound:

And Shannon Tweed married Gene Simmons. I mean, is there a bigger way to say, "ewwwww!"

Never under estimate the power of the tongue, I mean what else could it be? :eek:

Oprah: "How long is your tounge???"

Gene: "Well let's just say I could make you a very happy woman...

...from here."

Pam never "did it" for me -- beachball-like, giant fake fishbowl breast implants turn me off. So do painted-on eyebrows.

"Oh yeah, I've got two hands here." (Viv Savage)

"Mr. Blu... Mr. Blutarsky: Zero POINT zero." (Dean Vernon Wormer)

Originally posted by Joe Muscara:

Actually, Gene and Shannon aren't married. :)

Not sure what the 'ewwww' is for... but I'll assume it's directed at Gene. ;) The man is hugely successful, amazingly wealthy, and one of the most business-savvy people in rock'n'roll. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but he never claimed to want to win any popularity contests (I can relate, FWIW. :evil: ).

Originally posted by daviel:

This is a great country, ain't it? Tommy Lee hanging around anywhere, too?

Yep LA is great. Tommy's around. A couple of months ago, my friend was driving down the freeway, stuck in traffic when he pulled up to Tommy who was driving a Viper. He gives Tommy the thumbs up and gets a thumbs up back. Cool.

John

http://hollywood.outsidethebeltway.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/pamela_anderson_playboy_cover_198910.gif

This was Pam's first cover for Playboy. I won't actually post it here because some might find it too risqué. But boy, has she changed, huh??

Sven, I was just commenting on the beauty and the beast situation between Shannon and Gene. I should talk, most probably say the same thing about my wife and me! :D

(I used to be a big KISS fan, and even enjoyed digging up their music fairly recently, but I've just grown to really dislike him/them for a number of reasons.)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived