Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT printing frustration

Dave Horne

When printing manuals or address lists, you print them 'duplex' to save paper - both sides of the paper get copied, right?.

The problem comes in actual use - sometimes you want to flip the pages from bottom to top and other times you want to flip the pages from left to right.

I finally got what I wanted but I must have wasted 30 or so pages trying to figure out which way to do it. (What am I missing here?)

This problem was nothing to the problem I had earlier in the day. I was looking to see where our cat had hidden herself and I accidentally knocked over the large liquid detergent container on top of the washer looking for her. What a fuc*ing mess. My wife and I have a long standing discussion about the caps or tops of containers, especially oil and detergent products. She's the one who doesn't tighten them and I'm the one who does. I'm also the one to turn out lights that aren't being used but that's another discussion.

Sorry, had to rant ... and share my printing woes.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dave Horne:

When printing manuals or address lists, you print them 'duplex' to save paper - both sides of the paper get copied, right?.

I finally got what I wanted but I must have wasted 30 or so pages trying to figure out which way to do it. (What am I missing here?)

Duplex to "save" paper....not unless you are more familiar with this format than 90% of the users out there. I think you did fairly well only wasting 30 pages. I usually get done and notice that every other page was wrong and have to start over again. Now, about the caps and lights..... ;)

Hope you are having a better day now, Dave. :wave:

Don

Don

"Yes, on occasion I do talk to myself, sometimes I need an expert's opinion."

Alesis DG8, ARP(Korg)Odyssey Mk.1, Roland JU-06 & Keystation61. Stratocaster if I get tired of sitting.

Could have been a lot worse. :)

The cat could have hidden herself inside the printer before you start the print out. Meow. :freak:

And you could have dropped the liquid detergent over your Yamaha piano keyboard. :D

Though it must be great for effortless glissandi.

I work I consider the only reason to print duplex is to save space. I have some manuals on file specs that exceed 1400 pages. I print those duplex. Otherwise the paper you save does not counter the cost of maintenance on the duplex unit. That goes out more often than anything on a copy machine.

It is sort of like turning off the florescent lights in your office when going to lunch. The surge in electricity it takes to kick the starter in those units wipes out what you save by turning them off for an hour or two. :cool:

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Isn't that why God invented Kinkos ?

I have to say I always send them my large printing work to do these days. It just isnt worth the time and aggravation to try to deal with printing myself.

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

Originally posted by MidLifeCrisis:

Isn't that why God invented Kinkos ?

I have to say I always send them my large printing work to do these days. It just isnt worth the time and aggravation to try to deal with printing myself.

Outsourcing can be a beautiful thing. :freak::D

Originally posted by garrafon:

Heck...that's what I do when I don't know the songs we are going to play that night...outsource to another keyboard player. :freak::D

Isnt that what sequencers are for? :confused:
Don't make me flame you!

Originally posted by garrafon:

Heck...that's what I do when I don't know the songs we are going to play that night...outsource to another keyboard player. :freak::D

Isnt that what sequencers are for? :confused:
Are you suggesting sequencers on stage? ... IN ONE OF DAVE'S THREADS!!! http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/images/smiles/headbang.gif

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Originally posted by RABid:

Are you suggesting sequencers on stage? ... IN ONE OF DAVE'S THREADS!!! http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/images/smiles/headbang.gif

I'll burn 100 vocoders as a sacrifice to the keyboard gods in order to seek forgiveness.

:(

Once again, you lose your manhood. Real men do not introduce sequencer discussions in a Dave Horne thread. :D

Hamburg Steinway O, Crumar Mojo, Nord Electro 4 HP 73, EV ZXA1

Originally posted by b_3guy:

We buy 500 - 8 1/2" x 11" sheets for less $6.00 CAN. What are you trying to save?

I'm trying to save a little paper from being wasted, toner from being wasted and unnecessary electricity from being wasted. It's probably not much but I'm trying to do my best to conserve.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Well I had to answer all the new questions for keyboards under $300 for a month as a punishment. After doing that I can safely say I was rehabilitiated with zero chance of a repeat offense :D

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

Originally posted by Silver Dragon Sound:

Well I had to answer all the new questions for keyboards under $300 for a month as a punishment. After doing that I can safely say I was rehabilitiated with zero chance of a repeat offense :D

:D:D:wave:

I remember the punishment, but I forget the actual offense. ;)

Hamburg Steinway O, Crumar Mojo, Nord Electro 4 HP 73, EV ZXA1

Originally posted by b_3guy:

We buy 500 - 8 1/2" x 11" sheets for less $6.00 CAN. What are you trying to save?

I'm trying to save a little paper from being wasted, toner from being wasted and unnecessary electricity from being wasted. It's probably not much but I'm trying to do my best to conserve.
Whatever you've saved, you've blown by writing this thread about it. Because of this thread, how much electricity has been used? It's seems like a waste, but most paper has a large amount of recycled content. So if you recycle, it'll get reused as your toilet paper or next week's flyer.

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Archived