Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Happy Canada Day

Sven Golly

Well, it's a Saturday night and I'm not gigging... just kicking back with a glass of Shiraz, watching the fireworks in the park near my condo from my balcony.

Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canucks here on the forum. The old girl's 139 years young today, and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world. :thu:

Nothing against any other countries... but Canada fits me like a comfortable pair of jeans... :)

So, in honour of all things Canadian, a toast to my friends and colleagues from around the world. :D

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Every time I've been to Canada, I've noticed just how friendly the locals are. One Christmas I was playing in Saskatchewan, and some local players invited us Americans to their house for a party. The whole affair was how life between players should be. I'll always be grateful for those wonderful people, and Canadians will always have a warm place in my heart.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Originally posted by Sven Golly:

I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world. :thu:

Nothing against any other countries... but Canada fits me like a comfortable pair of jeans... :)

Well.. after all Toronto is the largest italian city... outside Italy! :D
Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

Hope you all had a good one.

We almost got rained out again at our headline gig, but Mother Nature spared us till after we were done.

Thanks Mom ;)

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

Montage M7, MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XS Rack, PolyEvolver, Voyager, Cobalt 8X, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

Originally posted by daBowsa:

We spent Saturday afternoon with some displaced Canadians.

I rang their bell with a case of Labatt's under my arm, singing "O Canada" and they almost cried.

Was it the beer or the singing? :D:D:D

Had to be the singing. I've never know a Canadian that cried over Labatt's. I think I could use some Labatt's myself. :)

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Happy Canada Day! Is it over yet? :D Nothing like standing around waiting for the sun to go down getting eaten alive by mosquitos. Saturday's fireworks got postponed due to rain, Sunday night was looking good but about 2 min into it BOOM! thunder, rain, lightening. Quite the competetion.

So to Sven (you have a condo with a view? And you call yourself a musician?! :D ), Cydonia, Floyd, Dan, bloodsample, David R, jeep, any Canadians I've missed, cheers!

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

Originally posted by gangsu:

Nothing like standing around waiting for the sun to go down getting eaten alive by mosquitos.

Yes! Never seen (and felt!) so many mosquitos in my life like in the Canadian Rockies...
Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

Ah yes, the bugs.

I had 'em crawling all over my keys Saturday night. I had to endure a couple of bites :mad: cuz I was playing a few Evanessence ballads with just the vocalist.

BTW, I won't be propping the PEK off the Apex anymore, it slid down during the gig. Luckily I was there to catch it. :eek:

No damage done.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

Montage M7, MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XS Rack, PolyEvolver, Voyager, Cobalt 8X, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

So right after the seemingly short Wayne Shorter concert, I headed out to watch the fireworks at the old port (here in Montreal). They were amazing! Nothing like that heart piercing boom to bring a smile to your face :) .

Day after (Sunday): Went to see McCoy Tyner! Amazing performance, even more amazing bassist! The piano sound was really bothering me, I don't know if the soundman was drunk or whether Tyner really wanted it muffled and barely audible... :(

Other than that it was pretty awesome.

Happy belated C-Day all.

http://www.canadianromanceauthors.com/maple-leaf.jpg

Originally posted by gangsu:

Cydonia, cheers!

Sue, cheers to you too. ;)

Yep, it's now summer here too in Québec's Great White North. This year, the wasps are 2" long :eek: , so I guess at that size I can call them hornets? Had to destroy one of their lovely nests that was beginning to be built two feet from the back door. :mad:

Other proofs it's summer : relaxed polar bears are sipping Cherry Coke on icebergs and my neighbor went out for a sunbath (picture below). :freak:

http://members.shaw.ca/ronnie04/CanadaFlagGirl01.jpg

Archived