Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard player stands

Byrdman

OK, we've done the keyboard stands thing to death over the years but for those of you who sit, what do you sit on? I'm looking for a new throne.

My requirements are simple enough:

Comfy for hours at a time.

Adjustable in height.

Stable.

Small enough to carry in glove box and self-levitating in and out of the venue.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought a QuikLok chair D-749. It works well but is very heavy. It does not fold up well at all. I'm not thrilled with it but it looks good and is comfortable.

I would like Ultimate Support to market a stool using the light tubular aluminium they use for their speaker stands.

I'll second what Sven said, ask a drummer.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

I also use a Gibralter ROC-N-SOC FOR Hammond. My C-2 is in a custom case and stays in the case to play it so the height is greater than normal and the Gibralter can sit taller than anything else I've found. For synths, I still use your basic Quickloc type of bench seat, but the one with the extra thick padding for my delicate old man butt. :D

• 4 months later...
I took the forums advice (who said "about time?" - I heard that) and got myself a Roc n Soc. Been using it for a few weeks, including a 9-2 after which my butt was fine - if its still comfy at the end of five hours, I would say its passed the acid test.

I use a heavy duty MAPEX drum throne. Plain round top - not too soft - not too hard. It's got a bunch of special height locking things and special clamps that I've never figured out. It should of come with instructions. :rolleyes:

When you want to lock everything down, it doesn't move at all. Really sturdy and well made.

I actually prefer to leave it loosey-goosey because I'm fidgety and also because when I feel my back start to tighten up, I can give it a quick turn up or down so I'm not in the same position all night.

Originally posted by latchmo:

I actually prefer to leave it loosey-goosey because I'm fidgety and also because when I feel my back start to tighten up, I can give it a quick turn up or down so I'm not in the same position all night.

That's what she said :D

(it was inevitable)

Originally posted by Byrdman:

if its still comfy at the end of five hours, I would say its passed the acid test.

Dude, if it's an acid test, you really need to cut back on the chili with extra hot sauce... ;)

Glad to welcome another member to the Roc'n'Soc appreciation club. :thu:

Archived