Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Wicked Keytar solo

Phred

She does look kinda goofy though, and the sound she uses is weak, so I can see the reason. The background, the dress, the little hand thing she does at the beginning... dude, it's funny. The fact that it's low video quality, the fact that it's on a freaking stand, dude, it's hilarious. Her webpage is equally low budget and funny. I'm not saying she's not talented, hell, she's better than me, I'm just sayin it's funny man. Just like that Mick Jagger/David Bowie "Dancin in the Streets" video. Both very talented, in fact, Bowie is one of my favorites, but that doesn't make that video less hilarious.

"...Keytar in a heavy metal band is nothing more than window dressing" - Sven Golly

Cursed Eternity - My Band

Dick Ward - My Me

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dick Ward (MP Hall of Fame Wannabe):

She does look kinda goofy though, and the sound she uses is weak, so I can see the reason. The background, the dress, the little hand thing she does at the beginning... dude, it's funny. The fact that it's low video quality, the fact that it's on a freaking stand, dude, it's hilarious. Her webpage is equally low budget and funny. I'm not saying she's not talented, hell, she's better than me, I'm just sayin it's funny man. Just like that Mick Jagger/David Bowie "Dancin in the Streets" video. Both very talented, in fact, Bowie is one of my favorites, but that doesn't make that video less hilarious.

I think you nailed it. It's not that she's not talented. It's just that everything together makes it humorous.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

Originally posted by Phred:

Stepay -

Couldn't get the link to work, but could by going directly to your website http://mlcprojectblues.tripod.com and following the links.

Nice clip. The sound is pretty distorted, but the keys are mixed at a good level.

Hmm. Wonder why the direct link didn't work. Anyway, thanks for the compliment. Yeah, the sound is VERY distorted. It was taken with a tiny digital camera, so it's amazing it is even as good as it is. I should put some info there explaining that we sound better than that!

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

I think Prince is probably a genius but there is something

really wrong with you if you don't laugh with

his 80's videos (well, the 80's were hard on many people).

Mmm, his 90's videos aren't that far behind now that I think

of it...I respect him enormously, but I do feel the need

to laugh, I'm sorry....

Agreed. :thu:

I laugh at Herbie and Chick when I see videos of them from the 80s with their keytars, cheesy synth sounds, and Hammer pants. Doesn't mean I don't love them as players. Hell, we all did it. The 80s was a wacky decade. Heck, I'm sure those guys laugh about it too when they see one of those old videos.

Just checked out the Belinda video. I'm impressed, she can really play. But puhleeze, she should show up with a real band and not some canned MIDI nightmare.

As for the stand: she could not straddle the board if it were on a strap. Enough said?

Umm, her not straddling the board would be good, as she is creepy and old. She could still do one of those 'hold the guitar from your crotch' moves though...

http://reelreviewsradio.com/blog-images/spinal.jpg

"...Keytar in a heavy metal band is nothing more than window dressing" - Sven Golly

Cursed Eternity - My Band

Dick Ward - My Me

Originally posted by Dick Ward (MP Hall of Fame Wannabe):

I look like a creepy old woman humpin a keytar on a stand? Prague... issues.

Well, except for the camel toe.
Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer. W. C. Fields

Archived