Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Live music in Vegas, baby...

captainmri

Hey, all...

I'm going to Las Vegas in a couple of weeks and was curious if anyone here knew of any good jams I need to check out. I'll be there for a few days and need a fix for some LIVE music. This doesn't necessarily mean Celine and friends, but if it's good it's good. Any advice? Obviously, the key-heavier, the mo'better! Thanks and have a good Easter.

chip

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go see these guys -http://santafeandthefatcityhorns.com/pages/1/index.htm

Great bunch of guys and the band has been here since 1980. I played in the band in the mid eighties and still work Jerry, the guitar player, all the time. This same band works at Harrah's with Clint Holmes. Clint's another good friend of mine and is a great entertainer. Oh, and Ronnie Foster is playing keys with Clint. If you don't know who he is google him. Ronnie has his own band that plays on the weekends late night. More of a smoov jazz thang. The band smokes. There's usually always something cool at the HOB in Mandalay Bay, as well, and tickets are reasonable. lemme know just before you come and I'll fill you in on what's happening the days you're here. if you wanna see a show, it'd be a good idea to get tickets now.

Blue Man Group...I should have known someone would throw THAT one out. What a waste of time. Those guys just-no I'm kidding. I saw them a year or two back at the Luxor and it was like losing my virginity. Awesome music. Blue automatons jamming on pvc instuments. Flying twinkies. Free ponchos. A BADASS ensemble of musicians that ROCKEDITMAN. Great special effects and lights all done live. Their Complex Rock dvd is rippin'. Ditto on being punctual for showtime, Ed.

Cool sniff, Linwood. I'll check with you again in a few days.

Thanks fellas! This forum rules.

chip

Captain,

I think there is a Forum Member who does a show in Vegas. Is it Mr. Hoffmann? I remember him commenting about reliability of a Muse Receptor. I don't know what show he does...

Have fun!

Regards,

Joe

Archived