Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Opinion Solicitation

lowerhodes

This is one of those irritating "opinion" posts but I would value any advice and need to get this done. I need a module that has as good an acoustic piano sound as is available. I have eliminated Motif, Triton and most of the big names. Cost is always a consideration but if there is something better out there I'll find a way. I am leaning toward a Kurz PC2R. Also, maybe a stupid question, but I kind of like the Yamaha P250. Why is it that that sound is not available in a Yamaha module? Because it would hurt their digital piano sales? Any insight would appreciated.
Fender Rhodes (x4) / Wurlitzer 200A / NE3 61 / Motif XS6 / Korg SV-1 73

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the reply Kevank : I am considering a Receptor but a guy I know has one (and loves it)and told me that 1)it requires a LOT of techie drudgery, which I dread and 2) that the best acoustic piano software (in his opinion) is Ivory and that it is'nt that great. I have not has a chance to try it yet myself.
Fender Rhodes (x4) / Wurlitzer 200A / NE3 61 / Motif XS6 / Korg SV-1 73

The Nord Stage got a very nice writeup from Keyboard Mag for its piano sounds. So did the new Kawai - MP8, I think? And there's the legendary (on this board anyhow) ProMega III. Unfortunately, all 3 are hard to find locally for an audition.

I played in an 8 piece horn band. We would often get bored. So...three words:

"Tower of Polka." - Calumet

Originally posted by lowerhodes:

the best acoustic piano software (in his opinion) is Ivory and that it is'nt that great. I have not has a chance to try it yet myself.

You should.

Ivory is, in fact, that great IMO. I firmly believe it is by far the best piano emulation on the market.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Archived