Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2006-2007 Thread

Dave Bryce

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Originally posted by MidLifeCrisis:

If nothing else, Parcels and T.O. will give you a season full of great quotes and sound bites.

Speaking as someone who's third favorite team is whoever is playing against Dallas, I believe I'd enjoy watching that... :evil:;):D

dB

Dave..you ever visit the Cowboys training camp in Thousand Oaks back in the Landry days? Or were you aheckler? just curious

Play only what you hear within...if you hear nothing, play nothing at all

My Gear: Motif; Ensoniq MR-76; Suitcase Rhodes; Earthquake MKII Pedal; DiscomBOBulator; PodXT

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Trill:

Not overjoyed Steve ,but after Madieau Williams FS went down everyone knew our defense was in trouble. It was painful to watch Ifayni Ohalete (Ole!!!te) miss tackles and get burned deep . He has to to an improvement. Everyone is hoping they draft the next Troy Polamalu .
I see your point. Dexter is a solid player who does not make many mistakes. I just think he is past his prime and not big playmaker like he once was. Nobody confused him with Troy last year. But given the existing situation he should be a step up. He does bring a wealth of experience playing in big time defensive schemes.

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

Originally posted by Jeff Klopmeyer:

I hope Tuna squashes TO like a bug. Heh heh... this might even be fun. :thu:

- Jeff

Tuna, T.O , and Jerry wow are they remaking Dallas as in "who shot J.R." Dallas

Originally posted by musicalaccents:

Dave..you ever visit the Cowboys training camp in Thousand Oaks back in the Landry days?

Nah - I was living in Philly when coach Landry was running Dallas.

For the record, I had a lot of respect for Tom Landry. Jerry Jones, OTOH....not so much. :mad::rolleyes::evil:

Or were you aheckler? just curious
Heckler? Moi?

Nahhhh... :D

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Klopmeyer:

I hope Tuna squashes TO like a bug. Heh heh... this might even be fun. :freak:

Mmm....nope.

--Mark

"I don't know anything about music. In my line, you don't have to."

-Elvis Presley (1935-1977)

Sports Illustrated's Updated Mock Draft

1. Texans: RB Reggie Bush

2. Jets (trade): QB Matt Leinart

3. Titans: QB Jay Cutler

4. Saints (trade): DE Mario Williams

5. Packers: DT Haloti Ngata

6. Niners: OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson

7. Raiders: QB Vince Young

8. Bills: LB A.J. Hawk

9. Lions: DB Michael Huff

10. Cardinals: TE Vernon Davis

Remainder of mock draft list here

- Jeff

I'd rather have Keyshawn than three T.O.'s. Keyshawn has a mouth, but he steps up and plays on game day, and you don't see him in his QB's face.

Jerry Jones must see things differently, surprise, surprise! Maybe Jones will sign T.O. just to spite Al Davis. T.O. has Raiders written all over him.

How about Keyshawn to Cinncy to line up with Chad? Woo, there's a combo for you!

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Originally posted by Dan South:

I'd rather have Keyshawn than three T.O.'s. Keyshawn has a mouth, but he steps up and plays on game day, and you don't see him in his QB's face.

Jerry Jones must see things differently, surprise, surprise! Maybe Jones will sign T.O. just to spite Al Davis. T.O. has Raiders written all over him.

How about Keyshawn to Cinncy to line up with Chad? Woo, there's a combo for you!

I respectfully disagree. Keyshwan has never ever been the big time player the Jets thought they were getting with the #1 overall pick. He's never been a top 10 receiver in the league--just acts like one. His salary is prohibitive for what he brings to the table. He's a glorified "possession" receiver and nothing else. hHe doesn't even know what the endzone looks like. In Houzmanzadah (sp) the Bengals already have a far superior #2.

T.O. is a great player --potentially an all-time great.In my book, he's a more complete receiver than Moss, Holt, Harrison, or any of the other biggies of this generation. He's a big play guy and a possession guy. He ctaches practically everything, takes hits, plays hurt, and simply overmatches all of the leagues cornerbacks. Look what happened to the Eagles without him.

Too bad he's such an utter, impossible, infantile weiner and fool. I don't want him on my team, and when you think about his talent, that's damn near tragic.

Keyshawn I don't want on my team 'cause he's nothing special on the field, makes too much money and can't shut his yap. There's nothing tragic about that.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

You guys are laughin, I'm not.

The reason is despite the intensity of Eagles Players like Brian Dawkins and Jeremiah Trotter, I'm NOT AT ALL looking forward to playing a vengeful T.O. while also under the command & wizardry of the Tuna...twice a year!!

Not a pretty thought.

TROLL . . . ish.

Originally posted by meccajay:

The reason is despite the intensity of Eagles Players like Brian Dawkins and Jeremiah Trotter, I'm NOT AT ALL looking forward to playing a vengeful T.O. while also under the command & wizardry of the Tuna...twice a year!!

Not a pretty thought.

Yeah, but...

Short term, yeah they may win a few games...a small price to pay for the long term damage his presence'll do, doncha think? :D

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Not a pretty thought.

I say bring 'em on! I ain't afraid of Parcels, TO, or the two together. Now, that being said, as a Giants fan, I only hope that we can do something with our secondary to stop the long threat of the likes of TO, et al. :eek:

Originally posted by garrafon:

as a Giants fan, I only hope that we can do something with our secondary to stop the long threat of the likes of TO, et al. :eek:

Garrfon, didn't you see that we signed Sam Madison? Or are you unimpressed? And R.W. McQuarters,for that matter, though I'm not quite sure what to make of that.

Chances are we're going to lose Will Allen, which I'm not exactly happy about (decent corners don't exactly grow on trees) but as much I've wanted to like Allen (a Syracuse guy after all) he's dropped more interceptions over the years than anyone in the NFL, which is both a testament to his talent and to his hands of stone...

Originally posted by Magpel:

as a Giants fan, I only hope that we can do something with our secondary to stop the long threat of the likes of TO, et al. :eek:

Garrfon, didn't you see that we signed Sam Madison? Or are you unimpressed? And R.W. McQuarters,for that matter, though I'm not quite sure what to make of that.

Chances are we're going to lose Will Allen, which I'm not exactly happy about (decent corners don't exactly grow on trees) but as much I've wanted to like Allen (a Syracuse guy after all) he's dropped more interceptions over the years than anyone in the NFL, which is both a testament to his talent and to his hands of stone...

I did see that and I am quite pleased with those acquisitions, because our secondary was pretty lame last year. If you wanted to score on the G-men, just throw it over their heads.

What spawned my comment/concern is that in the past few years we were supposed to have these great corners (the Wills) who, in my opinion, didn't come close to living up to the hype. It seems they were feeding off Sehorn's last good year, but not backing it up all that much. Allen was a good player over all, but I think I won't be heartbroken to see some new blood covering the secondary. I sincerely hope these new guys do the trick - maybe help us out like Pierce filled in in the clutch at LB.

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Yeah, but...

Short term, yeah they may win a few games...a small price to pay for the long term damage his presence'll do, doncha think? :D

dB [/QB]

True that! I just know as soon as he signs in Dallas, that 1st Eagles/Dallas game is gonna be moved to MNF for all to see...
TROLL . . . ish.

I say bring 'em on! I ain't afraid of Parcels, TO, or the two together. Now, that being said, as a Giants fan, I only hope that we can do something with our secondary to stop the long threat of the likes of TO, et al. :eek: [/QB]

You guys already are used to game planning against T.O., so not too much to adjust to or worry about, plus he ain't mad at you guys... Iggles OTOH are gonna catch hell!
TROLL . . . ish.

True that! I just know as soon as he signs in Dallas, that 1st Eagles/Dallas game is gonna be moved to MNF for all to see...

I'd watch it!

(Hell, I'd watch the Niners take on the Cardinals on MNF. But you know what I mean.)

- Jeff

I sincerely hope these new guys do the trick - maybe help us out like Pierce filled in in the clutch at LB.

That's a tall order; Pierce is pretty awesome.

I hated Madison on Miami, but for all the right reasons: he was cocky, confrontational, tough to a fault. If he still has the bulk of his talent left, I think I'll like him in NYG blue...although, as many have pointed out, the new rules are not friendly to physical corners like Madison or Ty Law. We'll have to see.

Originally posted by MidLifeCrisis:

McGinest just signed with the Browns.

Hey Rock!

Yeah I think the Pats are loosing players left and right. Good thing for them the system isn't reliant upon name talent to win. On the otherhand, Romeo help build the system and has a pipeline to the players who understand it.

There up to something in Cleveland that's for sure. I just don't know what to make of it all yet, as it will take a couple years to see whats what of course.

TROLL . . . ish.

Originally posted by Trill:

T.O. to sign with Dallas. reported in the Dallas paper this morning.

ESPN

We all kind of saw that coming. If nothing else, T.O. and Tuna should provide for some serious entertainment. This is starting off to be an interesting year. And we haven't even had the draft yet. Should be some more interesting moves coming up at draft time.

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

Hell yeah!! Not only do we get the best receiver in the game, but also we don't have to play against him twice a year. I'm looking forward to my Cowboys on OnDemand as I'm sure I'll have soundbytes from Tuna about TO every game...along with an average of 120 yards @ 2 TDs a game as well. Should be interesting! We also signed another solid offensive line...watch out NFC East!

Play only what you hear within...if you hear nothing, play nothing at all

My Gear: Motif; Ensoniq MR-76; Suitcase Rhodes; Earthquake MKII Pedal; DiscomBOBulator; PodXT

We have to get a pool going for...

- First time TO slags Bledsoe in the press

- First time Tuna yells at a reporter regarding a TO conflict question

- Date that TO has a press conference to say he's being disrespected by the team

Who's in?

- Jeff

Archived