Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Key Topics sticky - redux

Dave Bryce

Originally posted by Dave Pierce:

this forum desperately needs a FAQ, stickied up at the top.

We kinda used to have one...

As some of you may remember, we used to have a catch-all sticky called "Where To Find Key Topics" that contained links to a bunch of the more useful/often referenced threads.

I'm gonna put it back, so I'd like to collect your suggestions as to which threads should be included.

Lemme know whatcha think.

Thanks!

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Geoff Grace:

I was happy with the old one.

Me, too...but I'm not sure exactly what was in it... :o

The only addition I might suggest would be the Post Your Cool Links Here thread.

Or was that already included?

Indeed it was.

I do remember the Let\'s hear it! and the Garage Sale threads were also there...and I also remember we had a thread where people could sell their CDs, but I don't remember what that one was called...

I'm sure there must be others that are worthy of including...

dB

Originally posted by mate_stubb:

And the ever popular "I need a keyboard that does great piano". It would be great to intercept anyone with less than 10 posts who mentions "piano" and plop them down in piano thread purgatory.

Got any one thread that you think is the ideal one to link to for that?

dB

Originally posted by MidLifeCrisis:

I would recommend you clearly outline some simple steps for new posters to follow in the body of that thread.

Okay...

Any specific recommendations for how to word that? I mean, other than the ones that Steve Fortner wrote in Searching For What You Need post in the Forum Policies sticky?

Unlike some of the others who post here, I actually don't have a problem with someone asking a "newbie" question when they first come to the forum...so I'm not sure quite how to word something like that.

dB

There were some good suggestions in a recent thread. I think it was "Where do I start". Some people provided some appropriate wordings to help people get started.

Not that the searching for what you need is not good, I just thought the main thread should have some sort of intro for new posters to welcome them and suggest they read the searching post.

I don't think anyone here has a problem helping new people out. It surely is reqrding to help solve people's problem. The only problem I saw that people have is when the first post is "what keyboard should I buy" and provide no other information.

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

Archived