Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NBA 2005-2006 thread

Dave Bryce

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.corriere.it/Media/Foto/2006/03_Marzo/23/Fdg/BASKET.jpg

:eek:

Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

Wow! What a couple of games last night.

Interestingly, Memphis--universally considered the weakest of the one seeds--has not even been tested yet.

I felt bad for the 'Zags. That's a tough way to lose a game. Credit to the fercoious D of the Bruins of course.

As for Texas/WVA,lovely game, and as much as I support my Big East brethren, the right team won. That said, you guys should have the privilege of watching Mike Gansey play all year. He's a truly special player in the most unassuming way--the absolute king of the little thing. Pittsnoggle is fun too.I just have a hard time looking at him.

Duke and Gonzaga pretty much knocked me out of the pool, I'd say.... I'm down to two final four teams and one final game team left, and neither have played this round yet.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

I just looked at the refreshed "possible points" standings, and it is pretty clear that this is a two horse race now between Rabid and RockXtreme, with dB and Dick Ward and maybe even M.A. having a slugger's chance.

Da Weael's apparent return to contention is actually a bit of a glamour. His possible points are down in the basement with mine. And it will becomeclear over the weekend whose bracket veins and arteries are blocked and whose are open and running. I myself am enjoying a state of acute myocardial bracket infarcation brought on 75% bracko-vascular occlusion.

It's Rabid's to lose, essentially.

UCLA-Memphis was perhaps the worst college basketball game I've seen since that Hideous Maryland-Indiana final from a years ago. It was an unwatchably ugly game -- and only about 24% of that is attributable to good defense. Still, the right team won, even if they did miss 20 free throws...

LSU-UCLA has the potnetial to be a pretty ragged game too, for as much as I've enjoyed watching the LSU big guys (AWESOME!) they're backcourt doesn't inspire a lot of confidence and they make some of the weirdest passing choices I've ever seen.

I believe your NCAA champion this year will be coming from "my" conference -- yon Big East.

Originally posted by Magpel:

UCLA-Memphis was perhaps the worst college basketball game I've seen...and only about 24% of that is attributable to good defense.

:rolleyes:

Always hatin' on the team from L.A.

Go Bruins!!! :thu::thu::thu:

I got hit hard Saturday and it knocked me to 4th. I still have a slight chance to edge past Jeff. UCon and Florida have to win for me today and UCon has to keep winning with UCLA loosing for me to pass Jeff.

DB looks to be the sleeper in the race with the most possible points.

Nice move Jeff. I bet you are the only one I know rooting for UCLA. :P

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Originally posted by Magpel:

UCLA-Memphis was perhaps the worst college basketball game I've seen since that Hideous Maryland-Indiana final from a years ago. It was an unwatchably ugly game -- and only about 24% of that is attributable to good defense. Still, the right team won, even if they did miss 20 free throws...

Yep. Even the people on ESPN finally said it was not defense, it was just bad shooting. It was even worse than the BC/Vill game. I did not think either team deserved to with that game.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Is this the best tournament ever or do I say that every year?? Wow. George Mason. Billy Packer's kids.

Well, I'm a Big East fan through and through, but I don't like this UCONN team one bit, so I was ecstatic with this game. If GM had hit a few free throws, we could have done without the drama...

What do you say? The greatest upset in tournament history? Sure, 15s have beaten 2s in the first round, but this is a regional final, 11 over a 1. And even though Duke was the nominal overall #1 bu virtue of winning the ACC tournament, almost everyone agrees that UCONN was the real big bad giant of the field -- a team with 4 of 5 NBA guys against a team with probably none.

Oh God that was a sweet game:

And look at George Mason's path: Michigan St--always a great tournament team under Izzo. North Carolina, a team that had been coming on strong. Witchita St (who?) and finally the Huskies.

Dabowsa and DB are the only ones left with a shot at winning this. They are the only ones with picks which can advance in the final four.

If UCLA wins it all DB wins.

If Florida wins it all Dabowsa wins.

If neither of those two win then the standings hold up the way they are.

At this point I am fully rooting for George Mason to go all the way!

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

Archived