Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NBA 2005-2006 thread

Dave Bryce

I'm not routing for the Lakers, but I will give credit where it's due..

It seems all the things that weve been saying about what if Kobe played team ball, all the things Barkley said about how if Nash was a Laker they'd be running & hitting 3's....It all came true last night...for Kobe.

He kept dishing and dishing, until the Suns got tired of it, then when the outlet wasnlt there...Kobe was Kobe. Good job! Apparantly he was finally listening to Phil. That's the Kobe that could be MVP one day.

TROLL . . . ish.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Magpel:

I only saw a bit of the first half, but the Lakers looked good and the Suns DID NOT!

The final score was pretty close given that the Suns only played three periods.

A couple of the young Lakers looked good. Odom, Walton, and one other guy (really tall guy). If S. Marion ever wakes up, we might have a series.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Originally posted by Sergievsky:

Go BULLS!!! Down 2-0. We got the Heat right where we want 'em! :cool::D

2-1!!!!! Bulls looking serious last night. And the Heat...talk about a team losing their cool at the end of the game. It appeared that they just started giving up about halfway through the 4th.....then the frustration reallly set in the last few minutes. Interesting reversal from watching the Bulls come from behind the previous 2 games and continue fighting all the way to the end of the game.

This one's getting interesting. I expect to see Miami's best onf Sunday, but if the Bulls can manage another win, it could become VERY interesting!

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Originally posted by Dan South:

Looks like there won't be any sweeps except maybe the Bucs.

The Kings may go down in four as well.

dB

What about Dallas? Memphis was never really in gmes 1 and 2
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Originally posted by synthdogg:

Originally posted by Sergievsky:

Go BULLS!!! Down 2-0. We got the Heat right where we want 'em! :cool::D

2-1!!!!! Bulls looking serious last night. And the Heat...talk about a team losing their cool at the end of the game. It appeared that they just started giving up about halfway through the 4th.....then the frustration reallly set in the last few minutes. Interesting reversal from watching the Bulls come from behind the previous 2 games and continue fighting all the way to the end of the game.

This one's getting interesting. I expect to see Miami's best onf Sunday, but if the Bulls can manage another win, it could become VERY interesting!

Shaq has NEVER been on a team that gave up halfway through a series... oh... gotcha, nevermind.

"...Keytar in a heavy metal band is nothing more than window dressing" - Sven Golly

Cursed Eternity - My Band

Dick Ward - My Me

I was in Arizona for both Suns/Lakers games (high school reunion and other stuff), but I missed them both.

My hopes aren't as high for Phoenix this year as they were in 2005. I just don't think the Suns have the defense to win it all, and their offense isn't at peak form either.

Similarly, while the Lakers are improving, I see this as another rebuilding year for them.

I'd be happy for either team to prove me wrong though! ;)

GO SUNS!!! :thu:

http://homepage.mac.com/musicproduction/.Pictures/Suns.jpg

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I'm just really glad the Bulls finally got rewarded for the hard work and never-say-die attitude. Skiles and Pax can preach all they want about hard work on defense and practice, but if it doesn't turn into wins, especially in the playoffs, it doesn't mean much.

Hopefully their success continue so the ball-hogging superstars can maybe learn a thing or two.

Raul

Well, you've got to give Kobe some credit for getting onboard and sublimating his ego, publicly, through such means as that ridiculous quote to the effect of: "I can get my shot against this time any time, any where. I rise up, I go past them, I do whatever i want, any time..."

After he got that out of system, he played some decent team oriented ball. Gee whiz, he should express his inner meglomaniac more often!

Of course his teammates might like to hear a public compliment from their leader on occasion, but tlet's temper what we're asking for here.

I reminds me of when The Police first broke big and everyone was digging their bastardized reggae sound, but success and respect wasn't enough, abd Copeland and Summers were always out in the music presses telling people that they could really play their instruments, that they were dumbing their playing down to be in a new wave band. Copeland in particular was fond of syaing stuff like "I can play anything Billy Cobham can." It reeked of insecurity. Stewrat's drumming was self-evidently great, as is Kobe's playing, espcially when he plays team ball, but the need to make it known he's "dumbing his game down" reeks of a deep personal insecurity. Distateful.

Kobe compliments his mates all the time, he has been vocal/supportive of all the guys on the team all year. and fact is, he could score 40-50 points against Phoenix any game, it just doesn't gel with the tempo/rhythm they need to create to consistently win against a running team. He may be a meglomaniac but he can back it up, better than most.

Originally posted by Steve LeBlanc:

Kobe compliments his mates all the time, he has been vocal/supportive of all the guys on the team all year. and fact is, he could score 40-50 points against Phoenix any game, it just doesn't gel with the tempo/rhythm they need to create to consistently win against a running team.

Damn! Chandler looked like he had torn everything! Glad it's relatively minor. Even so, that's a hug eblow for the Bulls, 'cause, realistically, 5th games on the road are MUCH easier to win that 7th games on the road.

I really like this Bulls team, though. I'll be rooting hard for them.

Archived