Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Reward system.

RABid

Most of you have seen my posts on questions about organs and a good 88 key controller. Well, I have decided to make my move, ONCE I reach a specific goal.

Yes ladies and gents, I am going to the reward system. If I want to buy an RD700SX or S90ES, I have to earn it. If I want to trade that Korg Karma for a CX-3, I have to earn it.

You've heard the phrase, use it or loose it? Well, my new policy is loose it to get it. 190 lbs. That is my goal. When I drop to 190 and hold it for a couple weeks I will reward myself with either the CX-3 or one of the piano/controllers I want. When I drop on down to 180 and hold it, I get the other. That's right. I said "when". I'm going to be positive. A nice tax refund in coming and I am about to put some unused items on eBay. That money is going to sit in the bank and taunt me until I loose weight. :P

202 lbs. and going down.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, you're supposed to stay with in 10% of your High School weight. Unless, of course, your were too fat or thin in HS...

So, don't be too concerned if you can't get back to where you once were - its not really feasible a lot of the time.

I do, however, advocate what you're trying to do and think rewards and waiting for toys is a good thing.

Best of luck, Robert! :thu:

Good luck Robert! This sounds like a great plan. I embarked upon a similar mission about 5 months ago, after steadily gaining about 5 lbs per year over the past several years. Not really overweight or even noticeable (except when at the beach or the pool with the love handles), but bumming me out. Especially since my wife is a fitness nut and in mad shape.

So I started going to the gym almost every day, particularly to group fitness classes like spinning and focused strengthening. I don't want to be rippling with muscles, but want to shed some lbs, tone up my abs and just generally look and feel better.

I'm now hooked on the exercise regimen and really never changed my diet very much (still too many sweets all the time and too many beverages on the weekends). But I've managed to shed 20 lbs and maintain it pretty well, even through the holidays.

Regards,

Eric

Hey, kickass man. We have a similar system with the band. Both myself and our bass player are pretty big guys (especially him), and we've set that if we both slim down to a designated poundage, our singer will stop wearing his stupid bandana on stage. It's a long way to go but it's worth it.

"...Keytar in a heavy metal band is nothing more than window dressing" - Sven Golly

Cursed Eternity - My Band

Dick Ward - My Me

Originally posted by Rabid:

That's right. I said "when". I'm going to be positive. A nice tax refund in coming and I am about to put some unused items on eBay. That money is going to sit in the bank and taunt me until I loose weight. :P

202 lbs. and going down.

Robert

We'll taunt you too! Go for it -

Cool - I just came back from my evenin' constitutional. It's something I'm trying to do regularly because I spend all day in front of this computer. Feels good, and I bet you will too!

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I used to be on a seafood diet.

Yup, wherever I went, everytime I'd see food, I'd eat it. :rolleyes::D

I know, I know. That's pretty lame (and old).

Perhaps it's a good time to break into song. :)

This is a song that Millard (in the dark shirt below) started singing in the band when we weren't looking, bless his heart. It's entitled, "I Don't Look Good Nekid Anymore".

CLONK HERE FOR FURTHER EMBARRASSEMENT.

http://www.tlhenry.com/photos/beans.jpg

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Originally posted by Rabid:

Most of you have seen my posts on questions about organs and a good 88 key controller. Well, I have decided to make my move, ONCE I reach a specific goal.

Yes ladies and gents, I am going to the reward system. If I want to buy an RD700SX or S90ES, I have to earn it. If I want to trade that Korg Karma for a CX-3, I have to earn it.

You've heard the phrase, use it or loose it? Well, my new policy is loose it to get it. 190 lbs. That is my goal. When I drop to 190 and hold it for a couple weeks I will reward myself with either the CX-3 or one of the piano/controllers I want. When I drop on down to 180 and hold it, I get the other. That's right. I said "when". I'm going to be positive. A nice tax refund in coming and I am about to put some unused items on eBay. That money is going to sit in the bank and taunt me until I loose weight. :P

202 lbs. and going down.

Robert

Great idea, but I've got an even better plan! :thu:

If someone here weighs around your target weights you have to buy them the boards!

Let's start with me! I'll take the S90es. :D

Archived