Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sloppy Sellers on eBay

Song80s

I am buying a new item from Roland , the SRX12 expansion for my Rd700Sx . The SRX12 was announced at NAMM last month and is not shipping until April 2006. That is typical for Roland new products.

Surprise, surprise, the SRX12 was on eBay last week. One lightweight seller claimed he had a Roland connection and could ship it in 7 days if I used the ' buy now ' feature on eBay.

I exchanged a few messages with this seller and got the impression he was more interested in collecting money.

I wrote to eBay. griping how could a seller

collect $$ for an item he did not have and would not likely have until April 1 or later.

4 days later eBay responded:

"eBay does permit pre-sales on a limited basis, as long as the seller

**guarantees that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days

from the date of purchase**. This means 30 days from the day that a

regular auction listing ends. In the case of store listings, because

these listings can run for extended periods of time, we define the 30

day period to be from the date that the store listing was first listed

on eBay.

Also, a Seller must specifically disclose in the auction listing that the

item is a Pre-Sale "

Pre sales on a limited basis ? Seller guarantees shipment in 30 days ?

Yeah, right.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he put in the auction that it is a presale, then it's legit. I presold a few Xbox 360s, and ebay really really holds you to it. As a ebay seller, ebay has to have your information. But here are a few simple tips for buyers. Basically follow the rules you would on anything though.

1.) If it seems shady, don't buy it.

2.) If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

3.) If you're REALLY worried, only purchase from music stores. There are several reputable stores on ebay but you'll be paying more.

4.) Avoid buying from people with very low feedback that have a negative. A person with 3000 sales and 10 negatives is fine, but a person with 10 sales and 1 negative might be worth avoiding.

People getting scammed on ebay is obviously mainly the fault of the scammer, but the only reason they get away with it is because buyers don't take the time to read the auctions, or are getting greedy. Be careful out there. Ebay is a great place to do business, but you really do need to be careful about who you do business with. Just like in real life.

"...Keytar in a heavy metal band is nothing more than window dressing" - Sven Golly

Cursed Eternity - My Band

Dick Ward - My Me

DW, thx for the advice

I found 2 sellers that did not follow the Presale notification

listing rule

One was a seller with a whopping 7 experiences,his listing was questionable. The second was a PowerSeller, who at least, on the bottom of his ad stated. ' due to travel, etc, this item may not ship until 3/31' .

So these auctions went on unchecked.

I agree, a bidder has to use common sense. A fool and his

money, etc. I am concerned that eBay took 4 days to respond to my inquiry

[70's Songwriter]

They've got a lot on their plates, lol. Remember how many questions they must get daily. I work at an ebay store and I know I'm on the phone with our rep at least once a day. I'm also interested in checking out this board so I'll be looking at the presales as well, so I'm sure I'll be throwing in some reports about auctions like the ones you mentioned.

Anyway, back to work for the moment!

"...Keytar in a heavy metal band is nothing more than window dressing" - Sven Golly

Dick Ward - My Me

I'm surprised ebay got back to you at all. I've rarely gotten a response out of them. I had an instance where someone was sending out second offers to my bidders (this was on a $4,500 item) and they never responded back to me. I've had other situations and never have gotten responses back.

I've been avoiding ebay lately as it seems to be filled with creeps whose only intent is to f#$& up the place.

Busch.

I've been appalled at how lax eBay has been with fraudulent postings of late.

I've been looking for a Triton Extreme 88, and there have been 1-8 bogus listings with an AOL address for more info every time I check. Clearly stolen ID's with pics lifted from previous auctions. I have emailed eBay to no avail. The same people/person has done the same in Fantom's and Motif's listings at some point as well. Really unfortunate...

Originally posted by zxcvbnm098:

I've been appalled at how lax eBay has been with fraudulent postings of late.

I've been looking for a Triton Extreme 88, and there have been 1-8 bogus listings with an AOL address for more info every time I check. Clearly stolen ID's with pics lifted from previous auctions. I have emailed eBay to no avail. The same people/person has done the same in Fantom's and Motif's listings at some point as well. Really unfortunate...

Who did you email about it? There's a lot of different people to report to. Anyway, if you see something blatant like that, link it to me in a PM and report it and I'll see if I can find out why it's not removed.

Dick Ward - My Me

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/index.php?sid=f0d5046a4ade3de3d1df6b6d4bdb7ffb

zx, I think its tougher to buy a high priced item on eBay. Maybe camp out for awhile until you see a local Extreme 88 on eBay ( so you can inspect) and try craigslist

I have the Extreme 76 w/MOSS and love it.

The url above is the friendly Korg forum formerly known as IrishActs. I hang out there regularly.

Check out there Buy/sell section and post an ad

[70's Songwriter]

Regarding the powerseller mentioned, I have bought several items from him and they have been in great condition. I have received prompt responses to my questions.

I actually did purchase the SRX-12 from him, knowing that I may have to wait a little longer to receive this board. He offered a great price and I am confident that I will receive the board as soon as it is available.

As far as I know, it is not yet available from any retailer.

hey b3, I understand your choice.

It is really up to Roland to distribute the SRX12 to the various retail sales channels. It is not available in Japan any earlier.

I have the SRX12 on order from my favorite retailer in Wisconsin.

Let's compare notes in April

[70's Songwriter]

Archived