Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Stevie Wonder Concert on BBC radio

Manhunter

Hi,

Just thought I'd let you know about this Stevie Wonder concert recorded at Abbey Road studios which will be broadcast on the BBC this Saturday 20:30 (UK Time). With the BBC you can listen via the internet - click here: BBC - to this for up to seven days after the event.

Enjoy :)

Dave

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was F***ing brilliant! I recorded it digitaly from my DAB radio to MD-gonna enjoy that special gig lots more times.

The band was TIGHT with some nice extended solos.

Sounded like some of the audience were a bit over excited-or a bit plastered!

Stevie's voce is wonderfull(sorry) that vibrato which I've never noticed that much before sounds so warm.

At the end of the one and a half hour transmision during which Stevie hardly paused, they said that the concert will be repeated on JAN 2nd with extra songs which they had no time to fit in!

F***ing Brill! :cool:

I are an *******(CENSORED) too.

I managed to hear it on the website and with all due respect thought it was rather poor.

For it being recorded in Abbey Road of all places you would have thought could have got a decent recording but it sounded to me like someone had set up one mic in the corner of the room and then compressed it rather badly.

Stevie seemed to be able to sing in tune best in the upper registers and also the hard bits but for alot of the time he was struggling to find notes.

Still worth listening to though, Golden lady came off well along with some of the more upbeat ones.

I think his record company should have released 'From the bottom of my heart' for Christmas instead of positivity, its got more of a Christmas vibe to it.

Well if a performance has conviction not to mention soul I can overlook any technical issues even vocal ones.The guy probably had some chest infection as he was clearing his throat between songs.

Sounded good to me.I was listerning trough a pair of 15" powered cabs.

BTW Concerning Digital broadcasts,did you know that BBC Radio 3 is the only station that transmits at 192 compression rate the others use 128. There's a quality station for you!

I are an *******(CENSORED) too.

Archived