Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NAMM rumours!?!?

Hi, The Yamaha 01v96 mixer The New Waldorf synth The Roland V-Synth The Novation VStation (k-station as a VSTi) Native Instruments collaborates with East-West to create some new sample based VSTi These are just a few rumours of a new things to be shown at the upcoming NAMM show. Please post more rumors and also facts as I unfortunately will not make to the NAMM show this year. Cheers, Mats Nermark

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don`t know if this is a rumor but I will share what I heard...Got it from a friend in the "know" circle. Mackie will unleash a board in the $50,000 range that will pretty much destroy any competition including SSLs, Neves and any other for price to performance ratio. I thought the d8b did that but this board will have more channels, features on each chaneel and more bits. If this is true it will bring about another audio revolution in the recording industry. We`ll see... Ernest

It would be extremely surprising if Mackie could pull such a stunt now. Mackie's CEO was recently quoted in ProSoundNews saying that there was plans for a big console earlier, but they have been dropped. Mackie is currently struggling financially, some products have been dropped (their larger live consoles + one HD recorder) and the D8B is getting kind of old. Mackies modus operandi for new product lines has almost always been loud marketing campaigns many months (years eventually) before shipping product. Development of a big console is a money pit and it would be stupid to take on such a project at this time when faith in the company is at an all-time low. If they (against all odds) would show a large console at NAMM, it will not work, it will not be for sale at the moment and it will probably be behind glass (made out of balsa wood). /Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

[quote]Originally posted by Mats_Olsson: [b]It would be extremely surprising if Mackie could pull such a stunt now. If they (against all odds) would show a large console at NAMM, it will not work, it will not be for sale at the moment and it will probably be behind glass (made out of balsa wood). /Mats[/b][/quote]Hej Mats, While I agree with all your basic point I will not be surprised if Mackie does show a large scale board because: 1. They may already have sunk enough money inte development that it makes more financial sense to go ahead than cancel the project. The project may have reached the financial point of no return. 2. A large announcement stating competition with SSL and the likes creates a stir in the market place. Stirring announcements like this have a tendency to excite the stockholders and confirm their belief in a company and I think this is something Mackie needs at this time. 3. Even if it's not ready for shipment (or even production) at the time showing a showstopper has proven to be a successful manouver for many companies to prevent other companies to either get a market grip or move their merchandise. See for axample Alesis with the ADAT (great sales) and their first synth (didn't sell great but stopped a lot of other companies from selling their synths as many waited for the Alesis). Only time will tell but I have a feeling that we are in for some surprises from a lot of companies. Cheers, Mats Nermark

I had heard some rumblings about Roland doing something new in the Guitar synth dept. The GR-33 is a couple of years old, (so is the VG-8), and Line 6 has their new modeling system out. We shall see.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

Archived