Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Great new forum-appropriate avatar... :)

Llarion

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Linwood:

WOW!! It seems like she was just born a couple months ago. Another reminder of just how fleeting childhood is. You guys do great work, Phil. Just beautiful.

I was thinking the same thing.

Wait until she grows up and starts playing in a band. The first time I saw my daughter play and the audience went nuts, I popped a few buttons as the perverbial proud poppa.

Great picture Phil.

Here is a better view of my avatar. This was taken on 2/9/04. My son was just about 1 year old. Now he knows how to turn on the mains in my studio and find his favorite patches on the keyboards. Not to mention he is getting better than me on the trapkat.

Have a great time!

Dave

http://www.generalmusic.us/WDM%20Data/WDMpersonal/thenextme.jpg

Wm. David McMahan

I Play, Therefore I Am

Originally posted by DaveMcM:

Great picture Phil.

Here is a better view of my avatar. This was taken on 2/9/04. My son was just about 1 year old. Now he knows how to turn on the mains in my studio and find his favorite patches on the keyboards. Not to mention he is getting better than me on the trapkat.

Have a great time!

Dave

Great picture, Dave! Very cute.

Chris

Chris M.

Hey Dave, I often wondered about your avatar. Too cute! Though I admit I'm a little startled to think of all you old guys procreating. :D

Somebody should start a thread with photos of themselves at that age. Lord knows that's when we were at our most photogenic.

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

Originally posted by gangsu:

Hey Dave, I often wondered about your avatar. Too cute! Though I admit I'm a little startled to think of all you old guys procreating. :D

Somebody should start a thread with photos of themselves at that age. Lord knows that's when we were at our most photogenic.

Sue! You're talking about 'old guys' as if you are twenty! :eek: I know how old you are - so stop it! You have lots and lots of friends here on the Keyboard Corner with whom you can commiserate.

Now, can you hand me my cane? I have some sheep to herd. ;)

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Originally posted by Chris M.:

Great picture, Dave! Very cute.

Chris

Thanks. It's lucky for him that he got his mommy's good looks. :)

At my advanced age (as so thoughtfully pointed out by Sue) the only problem is trying to keep up with a two year old.

I can't wait until he can be trained as my roadie :D . Or maybe let him take the main keyboard parts and Ill just get one of those little roll-up keyboards from Sharper Image and attach it to my walker to do secondary keyboard.

Oops, got to go; my milk toast is getting cold.

Dave

Wm. David McMahan

I Play, Therefore I Am

Originally posted by DaveMcM:

Oops, got to go; my milk toast is getting cold.

Dave

Late riser aye? Even adjusting for the time difference...or are you way out west these days?

Heh heh.. Thanks guys!

She's really cool... she doesn't just slap the keys; she uses her fingers... it took her about 45 seconds to figure out that the touchscreen on the Triton changes the sound... you should see her, one ear cocked to the monitors, using one hand to hange sound, the other to play notes...

20 months, and she's already better than me! :)

movies and more pix at www.abbytraynor.com if you want to see her flopping around like babies do... :)

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

Originally posted by Chris M.:

can't wait until he can be trained as my roadie
I can see it now; your son will be carrying your Promega 2 or 3, while you are carrying the power cable. :D
:thu:

Wm. David McMahan

I Play, Therefore I Am

Originally posted by JMcS:

Sorry to rain on a few parades, but I have read that it just isn't a good idea to post pictures of chidren on the web. You never know who may copy them and how they might be used.

As is true with every word you type. Security and prevention are key, but if they are out there, they are out there...

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

Archived