Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I got a micron

Wooden

Originally posted by Prague:

Can the OS be stored via MIDI? If so, you should send a copy to Andre.

Wooden, if you succeeded you are the first user ever to do it and let anyone else know about it. I'll try re-installing the OS freshly downloaded from Alesis website and see what happens. But I am rather confused, since Prague dug the same result I do in his GC try-out: The Micron did not respond at all.

I suspect two things:

1) Perhaps there is a bunch of OS copies around that simply do not work as expected; or

2) Wooden did something very specific in his test which made the PGMCHG messages be acknowledged by the Micron. In this case I'll ask him for a thorough description of his test, step by step.

"I'm ready to sing to the world. If you back me up". (Lennon to his bandmates, in an inspired definition of what it's all about).

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should remove the second option :D i didnt do nothing special. Here are the steps.

-I Plugged the 2 keyboards witha a midi cable, verified the midi channels, pressed program change in the controller... voila!

- Then I launched Cubase, prepared a midi track, changed program in the controller... and voila again. it worked.

something to point is that if you are in categories and change program remotely the programs will jump from category to category, becasue the programs numbers are assigned alphabetically, like when you are in the "all" category... Its logic, but i would like to search within the categories with program change. So let me know if I can help you.

Quote by Prague:

------------------------------------------

I did get a kick out of watching the GC guys not help me. :D The girl in the Keys Dept. was helpful, but didn't know what I was doing. She really, really had a nice, nice pair of jeans. :eek:

------------------------------------------

Prague, I fell on the floor laughing after reading this one! Well, at least there is SOME value going into a GC. But as I suspected long before your halarious post, it has nothing to do with music. :D

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

I hooked my Micron to SONAR last night, set a MIDI track to record and changed programs with the selector knob. It worked fine. I then recorded some setup changes the same way, and they worked fine. However, the Micron wouldn't change from program mode to setup mode with the sequencer. I didn't record the button push to change from one mode to another, though, so I don't know if I missed a command to effect the change.

I don't know my OS version.

I'm not a "people" person, I'm a "thing" person.

Originally posted by Prague:

Yea, Version 1.02 does have this as listed: MIDI: Pgm Change Config Parameter A new config parameter allows the send and receive of MIDI program change messages to be disabled.

Dear Prague and Wooden,

I downloaded OS 1.02 from the Alesis Website, and uploaded it to my Micron a couple of hours ago. I did this with some misgivings (backed-up all my programs before...) and I already had OS 1.02 installed anyway.

Well the result was very disappointing: This parameter you guys say exists on the CONFIG page of the Micron (MIDI: Pgm Change) simply does not exist in my Micron, even after updating the OS.

I have every reason to believe you guys have very special OS copies that actually work and introduce this feature that is obviously missing in my Micron. So here goes my questions:

1) Could anyone send me a copy of the OS currently used in your Micron? I do not know where and when you have downloaded it, but chances are you still have the OS as a zip file somewhere in your computers...

2) In case you guys cannot mail me your copy of the OS, could you inform where have you downloaded it from? Mine was downloaded from the Alesis website at

http://alesis.com/downloads/software/Ion/

and does not work as expected.

Thanks for any help you may offer :thu: .

"I'm ready to sing to the world. If you back me up". (Lennon to his bandmates, in an inspired definition of what it's all about).

I am playing my micron as it came from the store, I didnt download any other os. There is the new alesis site www.alesis.com (with the WWW) have you tried from there?

I gladly send you a copy of my OS if some body tell me how to dump it to the sequencer because i have found out how to dump just the sounds. But if with the latest OS it doesnt work for you, isnt there a chance that your micron have some malfunction (hardware)?

Originally posted by Wooden:

I am playing my micron as it came from the store, I didnt download any other os. There is the new alesis site www.alesis.com (with the WWW) have you tried from there?

That is where I downloaded the newest copy of OS 1.02 for the test I performed two days ago. The "update" was successful, but I never got the added features...

Originally posted by Wooden:

I gladly send you a copy of my OS if some body tell me how to dump it to the sequencer because i have found out how to dump just the sounds. But if with the latest OS it doesnt work for you, isnt there a chance that your micron have some malfunction (hardware)?

That would be the death sentence for my Micron. There is no Alesis support in Brazil. i have my fingers crossed for someone to be able to send me a copy of OS 1.02 that works. I wrote to the Yahoo Ion/Micron Forum as well.

Archived