Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT:College Football

So...How badly will the Seminoles lose tonight? And, by how much will the 'Canes win by on Friday? :thu: :thu: Seriously though, any college football fans here (other than Tedster, who unfortunately appears to be a FSU fan :p )?
I have no homepage.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darn it, Surf, I always took you for an intelligent individual. Sad, so sad... remember Howard Johnson's back in the day? That chain of restaurants that had that [b][i]ugly[/i][/b] green and orange roof? Man, those colors, green and orange, look awful together. :D :D :D Well, gotta go, game's almost on... :D Real men wear Garnet and Gold!!! :D :D :D - Ted Hoffman, B.S. Meteorology, 1989, Florida State University... :D
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Yes, the Georgia Bulldogs destroyed the Florida State Seminoles tonight, just as I thought they would. Sorry, Tedster. And even though I, an Alabama fan, hate Miami almost as much as I hate Auburn, they will destroy Ohio State in a similar fashion this weekend. Although I must admit, it's harder to hate Miami now that they're not a herd of gangsters and showboats like they used to be. They almost have the potential to be a class act. What does "Auburn" stand for? Alabama Usually Beats Us 'Round November. Well, except for this year. :rolleyes: Maybe that wouldn't have been the case if Coach Fraud - uh, Coach Fran - had kept his mind on the game and not the Texas A&M job. Good riddance, ya bastid. I looked at the MSN sports news the other day, and Coach Fraud's departure made the "Top 10 ugliest moments in sports in 2002" list, right up there with those two crackers beating up that first base coach on national TV.

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

[quote]Originally posted by Tedster the 'Nole: [b]Man, those colors, green and orange, look awful together. :D :D :D [/b][/quote]You'd appreciate this, Ted: back in 1993, after Alabama beat Miami like a borrowed mule in the Sugar Bowl, where Heisman Trophy winner (snicker)Gino Toretta threw four INTs, I saw the simplest and yet meanest slap at Miami in the form of a sweatshirt at the Alabama student bookstore. It was your everyday college sweatshirt, with "ALABAMA" in block letters... ...in orange on a green sweatshirt. :D :thu: That still doesn't mean Miami won't destroy Ohio State this weekend.

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

Orange and Green, Orange and Blue...both color schemes look ugly together. Hard to tell which is worse sometimes... :D Now, Maize and Blue looks pretty darn nice... :D Yeah, I've gotta admit, FSU deserved to be handed its testicles on a platter last night. I'd like to know what the hell the first and second string quarterbacks were thinking earlier in the year. Ah well, there'll be other seasons. Meantime, I hate Ohio State too...so, perhaps I will be grudgingly "rooting" for the 'Canes in the Siesta Bowl.

I stand corrected. I thought for sure the Hurricanes would go Category 5 on the Buckeyes. I knew the 'Canes were doomed when that interception was stripped away, a'la ALabama's George Teague robbing Miami's Lamar Thomas of the ball in the '93 Sugar Bowl. They even played back that play to show how similar they were. I knew from that point that the force was not with Miami.

Les Paul

[quote]Originally posted by hurricane surfmonkey: [b]Ohhhh :( . I'm not saying that we got screwed, but...someone should pay for that Big 12 official to get lasik!! That guy should be barred from championship officiating. [/b][/quote]"WAHHHH!" Whiner. :D

Archived