Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I really like this place but the VS Planet.....

[b]sucks donk![/b] :mad: The owners are a bunch of low-brow, right-wing, crusty, curmudgeons without an ounce of mercy or class. You see,I got banned from there almost a year ago for yelling obscenities at a member who constantly barbed me in every post I made. The said member actually lives in my home town and we met for lunch on occasion with some other members of the 'Planet. But we had a falling out and the story is long and convoluded so I'll just say that we didn't care for each other. The problem started when he continously barbed my comments or jokes as I usually complimented whatever his contributions were in the OT forum. I got tired of this and called him out in post letting him know what an a-hole he was. It turns out he had become an owner and said the name-calling was a "threat". I guess you can rationalize anything if you want but name-calling dosen't constitute -"I'm commimg to kick your ass". Anyway, there are some truly cool individuals there who have made many a great contribution. I happened to make friends with most of those people. The VS Planet owners could stand to learn a lot from this place when it comes to tolerance and fairness.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VS Planet was relevant about 2-3 years ago IMO. The whole VS concept has scince been eclipsed by the amount you can accomplish with an inexpensive computer and any major DAW. I mean come on - the 2480 is like 3 grand plus extra for proprietary shit like the CD burner for $500. Hell, it's a $40 QPS burner that Roland rapes you in forcing you to buy it. That being said, my 1680 has served me well over the years. Getting back to VS planet - they haven't udated the site in months anyway. Don't lose too much sleep over it.

<> The wonders of the Delete button are not lost on your humble moderator . BTW did anyone see the people disputing my contention that piracy is making life really difficult for software manufacturers over in Cubase.net? Amazing. At least they were reasonably civil. Welcome to SSS, this IS the coolest place in Cyberspace with the best people. We even have dinners periodically, where you find out that the people are EVEN COOLER in person!

[quote]Originally posted by Anderton: [QBWelcome to SSS, this IS the coolest place in Cyberspace with the best people. We even have dinners periodically, where you find out that the people are EVEN COOLER in person![/QB][/quote]Just wish the collective would meet down this way, I'd be happy to set up a killer place to eat, sleep, and drink.....in whichever order you need it!
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

EH if you set something up anywhere within 500 miles of Detroit, there is a good chance that I would get out there to meet all of you. I already met Craig at the Chicago NAMM show back in 85? 86? Craig when were you in Chicago for the NAMM show? I thought that my kids were in strollers back then but my wife tells me that they were 4-6 years old. That would put that NAMM show in 89? or 90? Dan http://freedrumvideos.com BTW I'm approximately a 6 hour drive from Chicago. I only live 1 mile from the U.S. Canadian border and Detroit City.

Archived