Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pipedream: S76es wishlist

zeronyne

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it was real, I guess it could be under $1500.00...although I imagine the retail would be 1999.00.

And that's the problem...Yamaha doesn't like to mix lines/features/pricepoints. And, unlike Roland, they don't "cripple" some of their lower end keyboards (in all fairness, the don't do that much anymore).

I think this S76es concept may be a bit "all-inclusive" for Yamaha.

And Jabbe, check the "Alesis Workstation" Thread to see where these images came from. My apologies if you were mislead.

"For instance" is not proof.

Why can't Yamaha just be realistic and give us what we want? I think such a synth would be a huge seller.

Originally posted by zeronyne:

And Jabbe, check the "Alesis Workstation" Thread to see where these images came from. My apologies if you were mislead.

Haha. I've been reading it, too. I'm just taking part in the joke... :D

But just to think about this to be real... huh! And I just can't see "why not"...

Also...

- 16-part multitimbrality; 8 zones of midi out, the buttons below the display can be used to toggle these zones.

- Two assignable cc pedal inputs

- Two assignable switch pedal inputs

- Velocity curves, user definable!

- Dual midi outs

- On a piano, you seldom use the low B, Bb and A. If you´re playing a synth part, you´ll probably need them. I know I do all the time!

- freely assignable cc:s between zones and sounds. For example, slider "A" should be able to increase the volume of zone 1 while sweeping a filter - internal or external - in zone 2. A program change message from one zone or an external synth should not nescessarily mean that the Yammie responds, regardless of global channel...

:cool:

- The Midi merger hould be able to select whether you only control a module or just the Yammie. Or both.

Originally posted by Botch.:

Needs a cupholder, and not one of them fragile retractable ones either. :P:D

And it needs to be so clearly available, that even the dumbest waiter actually puts the cup in it.

And print the text "don't start a conversation with the pianist when he's soloing" on the back. :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

Coming to a store near you...

Yamaha S90es

Summer 2005

Yamaha Motif XF7 (On Order)

Yamaha Motif ES7

Roland VP770

Roland SonicCell

Sonar VS-100

Korg Triton Studio 61

MacBook Pro/Logic Studio 8

Edirol PCR800

Korg O1/Wfd (Still Kicking)

Yamaha P120

Keyboards with less than 88 keys always bug me. I have a Casio WK-3500 that I use in church small group settings, and keep wishing that I had at least a low D and C. I've gotten more familiar with the octave change function on my Ion than any other feature already.

I can definitely see the different schools of thought on this, and I think musical background and context influence it greatly. For example, I listen to a lot of progressive metal where the guitars and bass are tuned down to B, Bb and A, so I'm used to that sludgy sound. My MoESR sounds crystal clear with the triple-strike grand in the low range, so I have no qualms about using it. As for upper end, I listen to lots of old-school jazz, and I like emulating those quick little ascending arps which end with a plink on one of the top keys. Personally, I get somewhat bored with all of the homogenous players who mostly play in the guitar + normal human singing voice range. There's 88 keys, so I like utilizing every single one of them when I can.

A picture may paint a thousand words, but a melody can paint a thousand pictures.

• 1 year later...
Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

(moved from the hijacked Alesis thread)

Okay, how often do you play the five notes above the highest G? How about the seven notes below the lowest E? C'mon - tell the truth.... ;)

E-G is the totally the way to go. :thu:

dB

Quite often in many classical pieces.
Dont follow me....i'm lost too....

Archived