Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Changing sounds...

Saekwolth

When I play a gig I have great problems when changing programs. I must change 20 or 30 times in a same song (very long songs). I have saw Jordan Ruddess changing sounds with a pedal, but I don't really know which function is programmed in it. I think he programs all gig sounds "step by step" then he pull "Next sound" pedal. am I right? Can anyone tell me a way to change programs quick and easily?

Thank you!!!

Somewhere deep inside of these bones, an emptyness began to grew.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends on the keyboard.

Rudess may have been using the Kurzweil, which has a Program Increment and Decrement function. This allows you to step through your programs sequentially. They also have a GoTo function that allows you to go to any program you like. These are on the PC-2x as I know it.

Both of these functions can be assigned to most any controller, a switch type being the most practical.

So, Rudess must have had 1 of his 3 On/Off type pedals assigned to these functions.

I use KORG Triton and I can program every sound for a gig. Now I need to now all the functions of the foot controler ART X-15. I supose I can dial the next sound, but can I dial the last sound if I pull accidentaly two times?
Somewhere deep inside of these bones, an emptyness began to grew.

Archived