Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Manufacturer Product Announcements

Dave Bryce

By forum consensus, this thread exists for the purpose of allowing members of the forum who work for/with MI manufacturers to be able to communicate with the forum members about their products directly without violating the forum's "no-sell" policy. Any manufacturer who is also a participating forum member can post anything here that they feel is relevant, and/or that they want to communicate to the members of the forum.

It should be clear that is for the exclusive use of people who not only work for/with MI manufacturers, but who are also active participants in the forum.

It should also be clear that any topics attempting to solicit direct sales from forum members appearing outside of this thread are still likely to be deleted, as I do not have the ability to move them to within this thread.

In addition, this thread is self-policing. If the forum members feel that someone has gone too far and/or are using this forum to aggressively pursue sales, it is up to the forum members to let that person know.

Please be advised that this thread is an experiment - if it doesn't work smoothly it's going to go away...so everybody play nice. ;)

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, I get the idea that there are some of you who aren't taking this seriously. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing that's because you don't own ADAM monitors (except you, Mark). You know, it's a well-known fact that ADAM monitors make you take things more seriously...

...and they also help you get girls - chicks dig 'em. :cool::thu:

:D

dB

ADAM Audio USA

Being that no one is taking this thread seriously (yet) maybe Dave Bryce will give us some pre-NAMM "Buzz" we can stir around about what DSI is going to be introducing at NAMM. That way, we can hold off buying anything until after the show! Maybe an 8 voice POLY with a Keyboard? :) Can you play Dave? :confused:

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

I'm guessing that's because you don't own ADAM monitors (except you, Mark). You know, it's a well-known fact that ADAM monitors make you take things more seriously...

yes, i've been taking things too seriously for two yrs now :cool: . unfortunately, your observation about chicks digging ADAMs is not true - unless i get ADAMs built into a BMW Coupe. i haven't tried doing that yet, but i might try.. :P:D;)
http://www.babic.com - music for film/theatre, audio-post

attention all manufacturers!:

feel free to announce your polypressure/release velocity controller keyboards at any time.

hopefully, they'll have adequate knobs, buttons, and sliders (on the left side), all fully programmable, of course.

also, this could be a good time to thank everyone for their patience in this matter.

Originally posted by MikeT156:

Being that no one is taking this thread seriously (yet) maybe Dave Bryce will give us some pre-NAMM "Buzz" we can stir around about what DSI is going to be introducing at NAMM. That way, we can hold off buying anything until after the show! Maybe an 8 voice POLY with a Keyboard? :) Can you play Dave?

I can totally play.

Of course, I hate talking about pieces of gear which may or may not exist until they're ready to be unveiled, but there's never anything wrong with talking theoretically to gather market info, is there?

An 8 voice Evolver keyboard would be a lot of money, wouldn't it? The Poly is four discrete Evolvers, so an 8 voice keyboard would have to be eight discrete Evolvers. That'd be expensive...the four voice rack is fifteen hundred bucks.

If there were to be an Evolver keyboard at some point, what'd be the ideal price point?

Dave Bryce

DSI

...I want to know what new labor saving device are coming out! I mean, we now have a $900 motorized keyboard stand! Remember all those times you wanted your stand to go up and down during a gig -- you don't -- oh well...

Well, maybe they'll come out with a remote-control sustain pedal -- no more wearing out your big toes! Or, how about a motorized lift that could lift you on and off off a bench!

"Oh yeah, I've got two hands here." (Viv Savage)

"Mr. Blu... Mr. Blutarsky: Zero POINT zero." (Dean Vernon Wormer)

Dave:

I'd say the price point would also depend upon how many voices it comes with. Maybe an 8 voice KB POLY would be too expensive for most players, as you said. Possibly a 5 voice POLY w/KB. Sort of a reincarnation of the Prophet 5 with today's techology. It would also need to have a good keybed or that would be self defeating. So some of the $$$ would have to go toward producing a quality instrument. I think a KB Poly would have to sell for under $2000.00 (street price) or it might put it out of reach of the masses. I don't know if a KB Poly can be made for that amount and if DSI can stay in business at that price point.

The idea of a Poly rack unit for $1500.00 sounds pretty good too. Enough front panel controls to operate each voice independently without having to work with a small module screen, and use something else for a KB controller.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

i was going to start a post called 'an idea for dave smith', but i guess it'll go here:

personally, i don't know if there's a big enough market for a polyevolver keyboard.

given dave's 'sequential' experience, he just may be the person who could produce the controller for which there does seem to be some demand.

a controller board something along the lines of the T8 (controller functions only), or kurzweil midiboard. modernized, lightweight, and with less expensive components.

i was only half jesting in my above post.

the bigger manufacturers seem to just dismiss suggestions along these lines off-handedly.

if dave could make a cost effective board that had polypressure and RV and came preprogrammed to specifically control the evolver/polyevolver (along with being programmable to control other things), he would most likely have a lot more takers.

i don't know if making such a beast would be prohibitively expensive, but given his knowledge/experience, he probably will have an immediate gut feeling for it - 'great idea', or, 'nope - it would cost too much' - i don't know about such things.

Since mildbill beat me to the punch - blast you :D - I would like to thank many manufacturers I love and respect... if you can love and respect a corporation, anyway, I guess I'm as close as it gets.

To Roland, thank you for giving the V-Synth additional synth cards including the Jupiter 8 and MKS-80, as well as news on the forthcoming System 700, Arp 2600 and Moog Modular cards! And thank you for producing more multi-effects of even greater power and sophistication.

To Korg, thanks for finally coming out with the heir to the Triton synth, the Oasys, with some excellent synthesizer models and much improved effects, and a superb set of pianos, as good as Yamaha's!

To Kurzweil, thanks for coming out with the heir to the 2600, with a proper set of excellent roms, as good as any out now, and the VA-1, priced to sell.

To Arturia, thanks for coming out with the Oberheim SEM-V and Matrix 12V, Arp Chroma-V, and Polymoog-V - just kidding. :D But thanks also for putting out a module with excellent DACs which can have your soft synths installed into it with full midi control of their parameters!

To Alesis, thanks much for continuing to produce the Andromeda! And thank you thank you THANK you for producing a hardware modular VA synth with many oscillator and filter models! Or licensing them from Arturia...

To Creamware, thank you for putting out more product! Noah was a tantalizing instrument, and Pulsar was fantastic! Thanks for giving us the next generation.

To Yamaha, thank you for making the Motif series even more desireable! And for the wealth of new units to save our pennies for!

To all the keyboard manufacturers, THANK YOU for producing, as mildbill says, synthesizers and controllers with polyphonic pressure sensitive and release velocity responsive keyboards! Thank God, we can finally play our CS80 patches properly!

This keyboard solo has obviously been tampered with!

Hey Dave, any chance of a cooperative venture between your two companies? How about a 16-voice Poly Evolver keyboard with a built-in pair of S3As? ;)

You could call them "Evolving ADAMs" and capture both the Darwinist and Creationist markets. :D

I'd say a good price point for the Evolving ADAMs would be just under $10k.

Cue Homer Simpson voice...

"Aaaah... 'Evolving ADAMs'... Aaaaughhhh..." :love:

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Archived