Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Moderator Spam - dB joins DSI

Dave Bryce

For those of you who have been following the recent Evolver threads, this won't be a surprise...

I am delighted to announce that I have been hired by Dave Smith Instruments as National Sales Manager, effective immediately.

This does not in any way affect my gig with ADAM Audio - I will still continue to be their VP of US Operations (my actual official ADAM title).

For those of you who may not know exactly who Dave is, here\'s a little background on him and some of the things he's done, and here\'s what he's up to now.

I can't begin to tell you guys how honored I feel to have this opportunity. While I definitely adore my ADAMs, I've certainly missed being involved with synthesizers; plus, having the chance to work with someone who's had as much influence over our industry as Dave has is kind of a dream gig. :D

I'm very excited to join DSI - I have a feeling that this is going to ba a lot of fun... :cool::thu:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, Dave. That's very cool. Congratulations!

Congratulations to DSI as well. They should be proud od snagging you. So, does this mean that the KC community has a listening ear in a cutting edge synth outfit? Congratulations to us too. :thu:

Jerry

Congratulations Dave! :thu:

Working for Dave Smith seems a little like the synth status equivalent of working for the Rolling Stones. :cool: Very cool!

Also, with your career now evolving on two fronts, it seems appropriate that you'll be handling the Poly Evolver! ;)

Originally posted by Postman:

Nothing like selling a product you believe in.

AFAIK, Dave has batted 1.000 at that regard his whole career, lucky guy!

To avoid confusion as to which Dave we're talking about in DSI threads here maybe we should go with dB and DS. As long as we avoid also talking about decibels and dal segno in the same post, we should be okay. :D

Again, congratulations brother Bryce!

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I will of course need a loaner unit of the Poly-Evolver to decide whether to buy one for my own use. Six months to a year should be sufficient time. Yeeaaahhh, that's it, that's the ticket! :P:D

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Wow! Our Dave working for the Original Analog Prophet, himself. Great news! I'm not sure which "Dave" got the better deal.

:thu:

P.S. If Mr. Smith ever wants to go to Washington to lobby to make analog required by law on all recordings, he has my support.

:D

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Congrats Dave!!! :thu::thu::thu:

Congrats to the DSI too!!!

As I can remember last time db was involved into synth market Andromeda was born. What will come up from this endevour I wonder? :D

Congrats again and best of luck!!!

Faruk

Fat But Fast

Congrats Dave.

From my few impressions Dave Smith seems to be a very friendly and polite man.

I hope that you are less polite and tell me if I publish or have published mp3s on my site that might be a kind of anti advertisement for the DSI synthesizers ;)

Congrats from Happy Valley! :thu:

Mike T.

A DSI will be added to the list below, as soon as I have more $$$. Is there gas in the car? :D

--------------------------------------------------

Yamaha Motif ES8, Ensoniq TS-10, Prophet V, Moog Source, Moog Taurus I bass pedals, Arp Odyssey, Arp Omni II, Rhodes Suitcase 73, Roland R70, Proteus module.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

:eek:

Wow...

Thanks to everyone for their good wishes and kind words.

It probably needs to be made clear that in order for me to feel good about continuing to do the moderator thing here that there will definitely have to be a separation of Forum dB and DSI dB. I'll probably do it in the same manner that I do the ADAM thing - clearly identifying in my signature that I'm wearing a manufacturer's hat when I respond in my official capacity as a representative of that company.

As always, I'll continue to hold myself to the same no-selling restrictions that I adhere to as a representative of ADAM Audio and that all the other manufacturers representatives who frequent this forum also so graciously respect.

I will, however, be available as a representative of ADAM and DSI when it is appropriate to do so.

Once again, thanks for your support. You guys rock... :cool::thu:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

:eek:

Wow...

Thanks to everyone for their good wishes and kind words.

It probably needs to be made clear that in order for me to feel good about continuing to do the moderator thing here that there will definitely have to be a separation of Forum dB and DSI dB. I'll probably do it in the same manner that I do the ADAM thing - clearly identifying in my signature that I'm wearing a manufacturer's hat when I respond in my official capacity as a representative of that company.

As always, I'll continue to hold myself to the same no-selling restrictions that I adhere to as a representative of ADAM Audio and that all the other manufacturers representatives who frequent this forum also so graciously respect.

I will, however, be available as a representative of ADAM and DSI when it is appropriate to do so.

Once again, thanks for your support. You guys rock... :cool::thu:

dB

So,so....nevermind. Congrats on the new JOB, Dave. Kcbass

"Let It Be!"

Archived