Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

DVD buying tip: Funk Brothers!

Superbobus

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That´s a great DVD! I saw them live in concert this spring (or was it winter?), and they were great! That whole motown groove, only live this time and so good I couldn´t believe my ears. These guys wrote the book on that music, and they´re still the best!

/J :cool: nas

Yea, I still tear up at the end when all the titles of the songs roll by. Gotta love the concert DVDs. I've got many. I think my two favorites are: Pat Metheny - We Live Here and Bruce Springsteen - Live in Barcelona. Both are must haves! Honorable mention: all the Keith Jarrett,Joni Mitchell -Shadows and Light, Toot's Live in New Orleans.

Originally posted by Linwood:

Yea, I still tear up at the end when all the titles of the songs roll by. Gotta love the concert DVDs. I've got many. I think my two favorites are: Pat Metheny - We Live Here and Bruce Springsteen - Live in Barcelona. Both are must haves! Honorable mention: all the Keith Jarrett,Joni Mitchell -Shadows and Light, Toot's Live in New Orleans.

Great stuff! The James Taylor live stuff is top notch too, "In Concert" and "Live at the Beacon Theatre" are brilliant shows. "In Concert" has the late, great Don Grolnick on keys. JT is extremely funny, too!

Yea, I've got all JT's stuff,too. In fact, when I sold my house two months ago, when people came by to look at it I had JT at the Beacon on and fresh bread baking in the oven. The first guy that saw the house bought it. He couldn't take how "homey" that combination made him feel.

Seconded, thirded, and fourthed!

I bought the DVD at the FB concert at the Wiltern in LA: Joan Osborne, Darlene Love, etc., backed by the remaining FBs. I didn't wait around to get it autographed, but I bought it there in hopes that the musicians would make a little more money than if I would have bought it at retail. My girlfriend thought it was going to be just another oldies show, but the music was alive and kickin'.

The back-story recreation on the movie can get a little hokey, but the music is once-in-a-lifetime.

Originally posted by Linwood:

Yea, I've got all JT's stuff,too. In fact, when I sold my house two months ago, when people came by to look at it I had JT at the Beacon on and fresh bread baking in the oven. The first guy that saw the house bought it. He couldn't take how "homey" that combination made him feel.

...simply beautiful!

Archived