Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Forum Members' Best Sites

schmoron13

My site sucks. Since this is about our sites and not their content (i.e. info on us), I'm not even going to post a link. :D Yeah, I'm a little embarassed...

I made it myself about three years ago. I just learned a bit about HTML and stuff and did it very quickly. After that, I found the time to update the info just a few times - let's say, four times in three years. Much less to actually make it more attractive to watch. :( My original reasoning was, it's supposed to be a little *informative* site, so fancy graphics aren't necessary... But frankly, it looks sad. :D

So I'm planning to both update it, and make it a bit more appealing, with the help of an expert (I have a couple of friends who do this for a living).

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Thanks Doron! :) I have only made a couple of sites and I am most definitely not a web designer by trade. I have worked in image management for quite a few years and spent a number of that working with digital images.

I worked up the site in Go Live 6.0, PhotoShop 7.0 and Image Ready. I decided that having some fun elements would be a good way to entertain fans and casual viewers as I know that I get bored with sites that don't make some effort to entertain, especially if they are posted by an entertainer!

There are some great sites up on this list! I like the look of Phaits site but it needs a little content. ;)

Don's (Bleen) sites are a pleasure to view. Snappy, concise and very well implemented!

And I agree that Superbobus's site is really cool. :)

Originally posted by steadyb:

It's still being fine tuned, but here's my web site:

steadyb

Where's the section of the site to place orders ?

I tried to place an order last night to have Kobe Pass The Ball to someone who can actually win the game for a change....like the team MVP perhaps?!!

TROLL . . . ish.

Originally posted by meccajay:

Originally posted by steadyb:

It's still being fine tuned, but here's my web site:

steadyb

Where's the section of the site to place orders ?

I tried to place an order last night to have Kobe Pass The Ball to someone who can actually win the game for a change....like the team MVP perhaps?!!

:thu: lol

SuperBob, I like your site, it's graphically nice.

But if I could make one constructive suggestion: in various places where text is displayed (for example, the "Playlist" section), you've got those sets of arrows for scroll bars. I'm not sure what these things are called, I'm starting to see them more and more on web sites. I don't like them as much as regular scroll bars, because they don't give me as much control as a regular scroll bar. You just position your mouse pointer over it, and it starts to scroll, you have no control over the speed of scrolling, and I find it scrolls either too fast (on your site), or too slow (on some other sites). I would be happier with a regular scrollbar, where I'm in complete control. I don't know whether others agree with me, but that's my suggestion.

Archived