Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gonna take a little break.

zeronyne

Hi Gents and Ladies,

I'm going to take a little hiatus for a few weeks for several reasons:

1) I am addicted to the forums. I love the people here and the variety of engaging opinions. It took me from March to December to hit 500 posts, but only 2 more months to get another 500. Yikes.

2) As some of you know, I am a "higher up" in a large consulting firm. Well, I got caught in a weird power struggle, and due to the fact that the company is in El Segundo, California, and I am in Chicago, I have been unable to leverage the delicate behind-the-scenes powerplays that I needed to defend myself. Consequently, the board has decided to "divest" from multimedia work, especially audio or music. That is my unnecessarily long way of saying that I'm being forced out of my company. So I need to take time to find a new gig or two.

3) I can't take this new troll. there is something so very bothersome about him...well, maybe not him, but the reaction that he garners...he's REALLY good at being a troll. People just can't ignore him. Now he has hit the Lowdown...possibly the last bastion of complete civility on these forums, and I frankly don't want to see him insulting T. Capasso or BobG or JeremyC...I wouldn't be able to sit idly by, even though they are fully capable of taking care of themselves.

Anyway, I'll be back in a few weeks. If you need to reach me before then, just email me at zero AT chemist DOT com.

Thanks, all...I'll see you soon. Please leave the porchlight on for me in case I come back after dark.

"For instance" is not proof.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear all of the above, 09. You've been a really cool guy around here, but your reasons for your hiatus are completely understandable.

I wish you luck with the job situation, and don't forget about us after you're gone.

- Jeff

Originally posted by zeronyne:

3) I can't take this new troll. there is something so very bothersome about him...well, maybe not him, but the reaction that he garners...he's REALLY good at being a troll.

Look, Jeff gets on all our nerves at one time or another. But please don't let him be the main reason you leave.

Sorry to see you go. I haven't been here long, but have always enjoyed your posts. Best of luck to you in landing a great new gig! :thu:

Best,

Mark

"I don't know anything about music. In my line, you don't have to."

-Elvis Presley (1935-1977)

I can't take this new troll. there is something so very bothersome about him...well, maybe not him, but the reaction that he garners...he's REALLY good at being a troll. People just can't ignore him.

But he can be edited.

I have done so, and asked the gentleman to please keep his issues with other forumites out of the KC.

09, do what ya gotta do. We'll be here... :thu:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Originally posted by steadyb:

3) I can't take this new troll. there is something so very bothersome about him...well, maybe not him, but the reaction that he garners...he's REALLY good at being a troll.

Look, Jeff gets on all our nerves at one time or another. But please don't let him be the main reason you leave.
Yeah! If I was going to annoy someone enough to make them go away, at least it should be a deserving party like steadyb! ;)

I must be completely blind, since I'm not aware of a bad troll. Don't tell me who it is...that usually summons them like a genie from a bottle.

- Jeff

OK! I'm back a week earlier than I said.

I have indeed been pushed out of my company, although the actual end date is months away, apparently. We got some new business from a Major Japanese Car Manufacturer whose name sounds like Rhonda, and there is an intense amount of Flash and HTML prototyping to be done, but right after that, I'm to be booted out.

I have accepted another position that will start as soon as this present one ends, and instead of flying to L.A. every other week, I will be flying there every two months, and I will have to go to DC every 2 weeks.

I have also begun doing freeland/contract work again, but I can only take small projects. The good news is, though, I bought a server rack and put it in a major data center here in Chicago. So if anyone needs a bandpage/url/host/email solution, let me know via PM(if this is too much spam for the KC, tell me, and I'll edit this out.

Thanks for all of your encouragement. I'm glad it all worked out.

I have accepted another position that will start as soon as this present one ends, and instead of flying to L.A. every other week, I will be flying there every two months, and I will have to go to DC every 2 weeks.

I have also begun doing freeland/contract work again, but I can only take small projects.

Hey 09, you should probably drop me an email so we can talk a little biz without boring the rest of the group. Addy is in profile or on web site below.

- Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

OK, sorry I didn't respond to everyone on this thread...a lot has happened.

I finally got terminated due to lack of billable work from my L.A.-based company. My last day is next Friday, the same day my little girl turns two (hooray!).

I'm about to start doing two contract pieces...one for a company I started with, and one for an incredible classical composer with a more incredible story. Neither site will involve commerce, so I will mention them here as they finish for you guys to critique.

I'm desperately (figuratively) seeking work, real work with benefits and such, but in the meanwhile, I'll be contacting those who posted here and via PM. Thanks for all of your encouraging words and kind communiques.

And to keep things on a KC topic, Nakamichi has introduced a 5.1 surround that has a sub and a SINGLE speaker. This should be enough to drive petros totally insane.

Archived