Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

If an OT forum were created, should the sports threads move there or stay here?

Dave Bryce

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Originally posted by RaGe:

Don't even begin to try to localize the neuron that could make you start thinking about caressing the idea of one day maybe moving the sports threads.

Don't mince words, RaGe, whaddaya really think? :D

dB

And I thought it was my bad English again...
:keys: My Music:thx: I always wondered what happened after the fade out?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Altough I am not a very frequent poster, I consider myself one of the grandpaws of this forum.

As a wrinkled grandpaw I say: why don't we keep ALL OT's into our own KC? Dave knows how to handle them very well.

In other words: Keep our KC as it is. :thu:

Originally posted by petros:

I say move any sports threads to an off topic forum. I don't understand the reason why sports threads are on a keyboard forum. I find sports threads annoying because I come here for keyboard information and chat, not jock talk.

Get him!!!

p.s. Here's a suggestion, don't read the sports threads. (Or at least go out and get yourself a Lakers jersey.)

Originally posted by steadyb:

(Or at least go out and get yourself a Lakers jersey.)

Hey, man - not everybody looks good in purple...or yellow... :rolleyes:;)

Those white ones are pretty cool, though... :thu:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by petros:

If you are going to have sports threads, than why not politics, news, religion, and everything else?

When George Bush, Tom Brokaw, and The Pope win three straight NBA titles (and 4 out of 5 come this June) then come back and talk to us about it. :bor:

Originally posted by steadyb:

When George Bush, Tom Brokaw, and The Pope win three straight NBA titles (and 4 out of 5 come this June) then come back and talk to us about it. :bor:

(sound of chest thumping and Tarzan yell)

:D

dB

I remember our threads about The Lord of the Rings (movie) and am realy looking forward to other threads like this.

Why should we discuss these OT threads outside the KC?

Originally posted by Pim:

Altough I am not a very frequent poster, I consider myself one of the grandpaws of this forum.

As a wrinkled grandpaw I say: why don't we keep ALL OT's into our own KC? Dave knows how to handle them very well.

In other words: Keep our KC as it is. :thu:

You bring up a very good point, and something I never thought about. Sometimes I want to ask a question or get some advice that may not be about keyboards, and I want to ask the people here. Example: If I get the chance to go to California some day I want to ask the people HERE where I should go, what I should see, safe places to stay, and how to avoid bad traffic areas. Why ask here? Because a lot of people here live in or used to live in California and I trust their opinions. It is sort of sad to think we cannot post an occasional thread like Are you cooking for Thanksgiving or tell everyone Im a father now. As said before, we have never really had a problem with OT stuff on the Keyboard forum. What little OT stuff we do have seems to add to the friendly, family atmosphere. I dont know that the new OT Forum will be as friendly. So how strict is this ban going to be? I much prefer Mayberry DB to Terminator DB.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I don't think this forum has ever had a problem with OT posts, the KC rocks and should continue as it has for the past few years.

Latest word on SSS is that there will not be a new forum, SSS is the off-topic forum (that is mostly music related).

So, this thread was fun but probably not really necessary...heya, nice to see ya :)

Originally posted by Stephen LeBlanc:

Latest word on SSS is that there will not be a new forum, SSS is the off-topic forum (that is mostly music related).

So, this thread was fun but probably not really necessary...

Yep.

I started it because I made a statement on the other forum that most folks in the KC are cool with the sports threads, and I thought it might not be a bad idea to check that hypothesis.

It appears I was right... :thu:

dB

quote:
Originally posted by Stephen LeBlanc:

So, this thread was fun but probably not really necessary...

Yep.

I started it because I made a statement on the other forum that most folks in the KC are cool with the sports threads, and I thought it might not be a bad idea to check that hypothesis.

It appears I was right... :evil:

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

When one is as overbearing a personality type as Your Humble Moderator, one learns to back his statements up with market research. ;)

dB :wave:

What? You? Overbearing? Say it ain't so! I know it must be tough to break out of your naturally quiet, wallflower self, but you're doing just fine.

:D:D:D

- Jeff

There is a discussion up on SSS about

Wow, people are still reading that stuff? :P:cool::eek:

By all means keep 'em here. I don't participate much, but I do lurk. And god knows I don't want to lurk into that whole SSS, "let's-kill-each-other-over-politics" thing. :rolleyes:

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

Leave the OTs in place. As it has been said, friendships and aquaintances have been made in this forum.

The occasional OT thread makes for a nice diversion from time to time.

As for myself I enjoy reading the posts from people I have come to know in a roundabout way.

I have been perusing this forum for a long time and although I don't participate very much I thoroughly enjoy the contributions of others.

CLINK! CLINK!

Michael

"I may be a craven little coward, but I'm a greedy craven little coward." Daffy Duck

Originally posted by Rabid:

When one is as overbearing a personality type as Your Humble Moderator, ...

Personality? :rolleyes:

Yeah...something of which I occasionally get accused of having an overabundance... :D:eek:;)

dB

Has a full-time lurker and part-time poster I say leave it as it is. This area is kept balanced, clutter is kept to a minimum, and it's very easy to skip threads that are OT as there are very few of them as compared to some other places I won't mention ;)

I used to play baseball and soccor but to this day I still don't understand the fascination with watching other people play sports.

.........I'm gonna get hit in the head with a lot of rotten tomatoes...I just know it ;)

Darkon the Incandescent

http://www.billheins.com/

Hail Vibrania!

Archived