Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gary Numan "Here In My Car"

Ender

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Are ya sure, Don?

I was a big Mini fan even then, and I really think I've got a pretty clear memory of at least three guys playing Minis.

dB

You'll have to excuse the lame Windows Media feed from Rolling Stone - but here are three shots from the viddy - the one of him "driving" across the keyboard was grabbed at the point when he passes the Polymoog logo - it's that big blurry thing at the back left...

The five octave keyboard gives it away (the shot with him playing at the top of the screen.

http://www.dongunn.com/misc/numan1.jpg

http://www.dongunn.com/misc/numan2.jpg

http://www.dongunn.com/misc/numan3.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dan South:

Sussdio a rip-off of 1999? How can a good song be a rip-off of a stupid song. Prince is worse than Gary Numan and twice as ugly.

Now you have crossed a line of simple poor taste and are leaning toward complete insanity.

Prince is a genius, and 1999 was a great tune. Phil Collins is a great drummer, a mediocre singer at best, and a schlocky songwriter at any point past 1987 or so.

Prince is worse than Gary Numan, you say? And Phil Collins is better than both? Man, I knew the toxic waste in New Jersey would have some horrible effect on the populace, but I didn't know they'd become completely delusional so quickly. :D

- Jeff

Originally posted by bleen:

"There's a girl who's been on my mind..."

At least Phil THINKS about girls. Not so sure about GN.

Ah, the old "Gary Numan is gay.." thing - I heard that back in fourth grade.

Interesting that his wife, Gemma, is 7 months pregnant currently... :rolleyes:

That's nice. Who's the father?

*** just kidding!!! *** :D;):D

The Black Knight always triumphs!

I'll grant you that Phil has released some cheesy songs - although those are probably the ones that pay the bills - but I'll put the collective Genesis/Phil/BrandX catalog up against the Gary Numan or Prince opus (if I can bastardize the word for a moment) anyday.

PhIl CoLlInZ RuLeZ!!!

Well, come to think of it, Prince had ONE good song - Little Red Corvette.

Surely you jest, Dan...

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

Originally posted by RobT:

Well, come to think of it, Prince had ONE good song - Little Red Corvette.

Surely you jest, Dan...
I never jest about sucky music, and Prince is pretty low on my list. His music doesn't move me emotionally, and his voice sounds like Donald Duck on helium. Hey, if Prince is your bag, more power to you. I just don't get the appeal.

That said, LRC is a REALLY good song.

Archived