Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NFL survival pool

Dave Bryce

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gee - a Cincy upset could wipe half the pool out this week. Interesting...

I dunno, folks. The Cincy pass D looked scary good last week, and the Buffalo O looked scary BAD. That one just looks a little too close for me to see all these people lining up against the suddenly not-so-Bungles...

I was going to go with Buffalo, but....

Now I've decided that what would have been a tough game to pick, is now tilted heavily in favor of:

The Eagles

Look for McNabb to have a big, big game. And a stadium full of rabid supporters behind him all the way. Sure, he got booed loudly last time he was at the Linc, but that was different. In Philly, Donovan is OURS, and we can criticize our own. But an outsider? Nobody disses our guy like that! Plus the fact that a win by the Skins coupled with a loss by the Eagles would be a disaster. Philly 0-3 at home? Unlikely. It's time for the odds to even out, for Washington to come back to reality (does anyone really think they'll win the division, or even finish 2nd?) and for Philly to pick their game up. And time for McNabb to throw his first touchdown of the season. And his second. And third....

Yep, Eric has the cojones the size of Nebraska this week. And while the analysis is based not on statistics but conjecture, it is certainly plausible. My hunch on Cincy over Cleveland was conjecture too.

Good luck Eric, I'm gonna root for Philly today! (I may not pick em, but I'll root for em!)

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

Originally posted by Griffinator:

What in the HELL happened to the Faiders? DAMN, boys.

Just got back from my stupid gig, so I read the re-cap. Damn, how did they just fall apart in the 4th quarter?

2-3 is not where I wanted to be right now. :(

- Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff the Weasel:

Just got back from my stupid gig, so I read the re-cap. Damn, how did they just fall apart in the 4th quarter?

It wasn't just the fourth quarter. They had SIX oppourtunities to score touchdowns, five of which ended up being FGs, and the sixth of which ended up being a blocked FG.

I'm way bummed. :(

Happily, the Birds did take the 'skins, and so everyone once again survives intact.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

- Jeff

The Raiders are darned LUCKY to be 2-3. The should be 0-5. The barely squeaked by two bottom of the barrel teams with FG's in OT. That's why I picked Chi town to take them. It's not 2002 anymore, boys.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Speaking from here in the great beyond, I think you guys have done a nice job of stabilizing the pool. After the Miami conflagration, I was hoping for fast and total annihilation of the survivors. Then we could have resurrected the dead and started anew. Oh well. Looks like some of you guys are going to hang around for a while. Just a thought: don't you think the Bears are on to something here? Go ahead, do it. Pick Da Bears to win next week. They're "for real." ;)
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Originally posted by Dan South:

- Jeff

The Raiders are darned LUCKY to be 2-3. The should be 0-5. The barely squeaked by two bottom of the barrel teams with FG's in OT. That's why I picked Chi town to take them. It's not 2002 anymore, boys.
Remember how bad St Louis was last year after the Pats showed the whole league how to beat them?

Same situation here. Raiders ain't gonna do anything until they re-invent their offense and get Porter back.

Well, in as much as I don't want to rip on my team, even when Porter returns, we still have some defensive issues to worry about.

Anyway, I'm surprised we've managed two straight weeks with no Survivors getting kicked off the island. But week six will be a bitch. Cincy, Detroit and SD all have a bye week, and most of the other games look like close match-ups.

I'm gonna need to do some thinking (and perhaps coin-tossing and dice rolling) to pick my week six winner. Stay tuned.

- Jeff

I guess I'm up. I'll take Tennessee over Houston.
**Standard Disclaimer** Ya gotta watch da Ouizel, as he often posts complete and utter BS. In this case however, He just might be right. Eagles may soar, but Ouizels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Week 6

--------

Weasel -

Denver won

Green Bay won

Minnesota won

Indy won

Buffalo won

Griffinator -

Indy won

Minnesota won

KC won

Denver won

Carolina won

Buffalo

Ouizel -

Indy won

Oakland won

Pittsburgh won

Green Bay won

Buffalo won

Tennessee

Llarion -

TB won

Seattle won

KC won

St. Louis won

Buffalo won

Bunny -

Detroit won

Minnesota won

Indy won

Denver won

Dallas won

Eric Worthington -

SF won

New Orleans won

TB won

Denver won

Philadelphia won

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

OK, pick time:

Tennessee

Houston,in four games, has scored 69 pts, given up 113. It's hard to believe they're 2-2. They're going down hard this week, though, because it's a division game, and if the Titans lose they'll fall behind Houston. There will be no letdown.

Yeah, I was looking for a reason not to pick them, but I can't find one.

Jeff's Pick for Week Six: The Tennessee Titans.

I was just about to go with Miami, but I started getting the heebie-jeebies when typing it in, so (attempting to pay attention to my instincts) I deleted that. I also thought about taking the Ravens, but if they lost in the AZ heat, I'd have to spend the rest of the year yelling to myself, "Ravens? What the hell was I thinking?"

- Jeff

I'll take the Fins... I hate em, but it the only relatively easy pick that I see. Jax just doesn't have the tools, even if Seau doesn't play. Jax plays the run better than the pass, so Ricky may not have to be a workhorse.

Cheers!

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

Originally posted by Llarion:

I'll take the Fins... I hate em, but it the only relatively easy pick that I see. Jax just doesn't have the tools, even if Seau doesn't play. Jax plays the run better than the pass, so Ricky may not have to be a workhorse.

Phil, but you have to consider that it's not so much Jacksonville not having the tools (especially with Jimmy Smith back from that suspension) but rather Marc Brunell not having the tools.

Byron Leftwich is officially the starter for this weeks game - and I firmly believe he's got the goods.

Originally posted by Llarion:

Phil, but you have to consider that it's not so much Jacksonville not having the tools (especially with Jimmy Smith back from that suspension) but rather Marc Brunell not having the tools.

Oh, I think they are a better team with Leftwich; but they still are not as good as the Fins. Miami has momemtum, quietly winning 3 in a row.

Byron Leftwich is officially the starter for this weeks game - and I firmly believe he's got the goods.

Cheers!

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

Week 6

--------

Weasel -

Denver won

Green Bay won

Minnesota won

Indy won

Buffalo won

Tennessee

Griffinator -

Indy won