Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NFL survival pool

Dave Bryce

As is becoming the pattern, I see that Eric Worthington is holding out on his pick for later in the week. I can see him now, checking injury reports, measuring position vs. position players, checking the backup's college records and so on.

If this pool was for money, I'd probably be a little deeper in my research for picks as well. As it is...not. :)

- Jeff

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jeff the Weasel:

As is becoming the pattern, I see that Eric Worthington is holding out on his pick for later in the week. I can see him now, checking injury reports, measuring position vs. position players, checking the backup's college records and so on.

If this pool was for money, I'd probably be a little deeper in my research for picks as well. As it is...not. :)

You guys DO know tht you can change your pick right up to game time, right?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

You guys DO know tht you can change your pick right up to game time, right?

Of course, but generally speaking, I'd only do that if (to use this week's pick for an example) Peyton Manning got hit by a bus on Friday or something.

Anytime I've been wishy-washy with my bets, I've regretted it.

- Jeff

And of course, now you jynxed me.

Associated Press

INDIANAPOLIS -- Edgerrin James did not practice Wednesday because of a bad back and the Indianapolis Colts running back could miss Sunday's game at New Orleans.

James also was held out of practice Monday because of the injury, and Colts coach Tony Dungy said the team was closely watching the two-time NFL rushing champ.

"Hopefully he'll be ready to go, but we'll see how it goes," Dungy said. "He was a little more sore today than we expected. We had hoped that he would be farther along. Right now it's 50-50, but we're hoping that he'll be back and we'll see if it loosens up in the next day or so."

I may have an alt pick lined up in case Edge is no-go.

- Jeff

Just a quick heads-up...

I'm going to be out of town from this afternoon until Sunday afternoon, so I won't be able to modify the list. However, the fact that each post is date and time-stamped means that any picks/changes will be honored.

dB

No real obvious picks this week, all the good teams are playing each other, the mediocre teams are playing each other, and the bad teams are playing each other.

Well, I ended up picking the Rams, which worked. How'd we do with the burning questions?

Burning questions for the week:

*Will the Cards ride their upset into a second in the Edward Jones Dome? (Probably not) - And there you have it.

*Can Detroit breathe at that altitude and under that much fire? (Probably not) - Denver squeaking by. Tougher call then I thought!

*Will the Saints sneak up on Indy's smallish D-line with Deuce and ball-control them into submission? (Possibly) - We'll see. Gimme Indy.

*Can KC stop Baltimore's running game? (Possibly, but even if they can't, they have too much O-power for even Ray Lewis) - Still in the air as of this typing. But KC is ahead.

*Will Cleveland go flat and lose to the Bungles after stunning, emotional win at the 'Stick? (Very possible). - I had a hunch on this one, almost picked Cincy this week to be flashy, but didn't want to risk the humiliation. I know, I'm such a pussy. :D

*Will the '03 Bucs D go down as the best in history after this year? (At this rate, yes, by a big margin) - Still to be seen...

Overall, doing pretty well it looks like!!

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

I've gotta say Fat Chance you'll get rid of me. I'm here for the long run.

(Now that I've opened my big mouth...) :D

**Standard Disclaimer** Ya gotta watch da Ouizel, as he often posts complete and utter BS. In this case however, He just might be right. Eagles may soar, but Ouizels don't get sucked into jet engines.

I'm going out on a limb and picking really early.

Gimme Buffalo over Cincy. They're spent after the emotional win over arch rival Cleveland, and DIllon is out for the game with a groin injury. This is the only no brainer on the docket, and there's only one other one really worth considering; Oakland over da Bears, but we'll see how they do tonighnt before deciding just how easy this one is.

All the other games could go either way. Upset specials: Look for New Orleans to come out and just pummel Carolina. By now they are pissed and have their backs to the wall. And they seem to do well against the Panthers in general. They split last year, but N.O. outplayed them. Watch for Jax to wake up this week too against a vulnerable Chargers team.

Cheers!

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

Thanks Griff!

I had a feeling it was time for an offensive explosion. I have a feeling that Warner will not be a Ram next year. Let's see, who needs a West Coast QB?

Cheers!

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

Week 4 results

--------

Weasel -

Denver won

Green Bay won

Minnesota won

Indy won

Griffinator -

Indy won

Minnesota won

KC won

Denver won

Ouizel -

Indy won

Oakland won

Pittsburgh won

Green Bay won

Llarion -

TB won

Seattle won

KC won

St. Louis won

Bunny -

Detroit won

Minnesota won

Indy won

Denver won

Eric Worthington -

SF won

New Orleans won

TB won

Denver won

Nicely done, boys. :thu:

Neeeeext...

dB

I'm stuck this week. Raiders look good - sorta - except Gannon doesn't look like he can pick a secondary apart fast enough to keep Urlacher out of his face. He's also not mobile enough to run away from the Bears front 7. Pittsburgh looks good, except that Cleveland-Pitt is always a bloodbath. Buffalo is looking very fallible all of a sudden, and Cincy is definitely a team about to turn a corner. Those kids have spunk, gentlemen.

I'm going with Carolina at home over the 'Aints.

I guess this is the week for the Weasels to be the same. I'll take Buffalo, as well.
**Standard Disclaimer** Ya gotta watch da Ouizel, as he often posts complete and utter BS. In this case however, He just might be right. Eagles may soar, but Ouizels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Originally posted by Griffinator:

I'm stuck this week. Raiders look good - sorta - except Gannon doesn't look like he can pick a secondary apart fast enough to keep Urlacher out of his face.

I disagree...I think the Raiders will have no problem with the Bears. But my byzantine method of picking leaves me nervous about choosing a road team over home if I have a choice. I felt the stronger disparity of the Bengals on the road was the better team to choose against.

- Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff the Weasel:

I disagree...I think the Raiders will have no problem with the Bears. But my byzantine method of picking leaves me nervous about choosing a road team over home if I have a choice. I felt the stronger disparity of the Bengals on the road was the better team to choose against.

- Jeff

That's cool. I watched the Monday night game (after some struggling with a homemade antenna built from an RG-45 and some stripped RCA cables) and what I saw in the second half was Brett Favre running for his life a lot, and managing to make some tough throws in the process to keep his team moving forward. I can't see Gannon doing the same.

Of course, you're a Raiders fan. You always believe they can do it (just like you believed that they could hand the Broncos their hats ;) )

Week 5

--------

Weasel -

Denver won

Green Bay won

Minnesota won

Indy won

Buffalo

Griffinator -

Indy won

Minnesota won

KC won