Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Emergency! FOUND PROPHET 600!!!!

J0nathan

Hello. You may remember me from such posts as "Why doesn't this work?" and "Why is this happening to me?" Anyway, joking aside, I just found a PROPHET-600! YES, THAT'S RIGHT, A PROPHET-600! AND I THINK IT WORKS! It's marked at $299.00, and I'm considering it. What do you guys think the demand for it is? I know it's fairly rare nowadays...just wondering...

º-Jonathan-º

"You have seen as to do, dude, isn't it?" -Korg PA80 manual

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check the membrane switches in the programmer section. Nobody makes them anymore, and they're nearly impossible to find. Even Wine Country (an aftermarket supporter of old Sequential synths) doesn't have them.

Anyway, if the membrane switches are in good shape, and everything else on the synth works, I'd say $300 is a fair price. I used to own one, and loved it. It's not nearly as aggressive sounding as a Prophet 5, but IMO it'll eat any Juno alive! :thu:

Peace all,

Steve

><>

Steve

Unless you're REALLY into having the very first MIDI-Capable synthesizer in the world, for $300 bucks you might get a better price of vintage gear... even a brand new Virtual Analog Micro KORG and it has a vocoder ;)

I had one.

I don't miss it, really.

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

I do miss my Prophet 600...it's a great synth...very fun to program.

I think it will beat a Juno for sounds too but keeping it in tune is difficult so for a lot of people a Juno would be more practical.

I would buy one for $300 if I found one in good condition and had the money on me...but I'm more patient with finicky instruments than most.

Originally posted by Bucktunes:

IMO it'll eat any Juno alive!

If you turn off the Juno's chorus, pretty much any two-oscillator synth wil eat it alive, IMO. ;)

Sorry - I know some people just worship the Junos. I'm not one of them...and yes, I did own one at one point.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

The interface on the Juno 106 was fun to play with, that's what I liked about it. I wasn't real big on the sound of it but it was pretty good for leads on some stuff. It sounded really thin to me, I don't understand why people say they're great for fat bass sounds...that's just what I didn't like about the Juno, not fat.

You can get some neat bass sounds out of it...especially if you layer it with something else.

The Prophet 600 can make some really fat sounds if you work with it.

Archived