Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

delete

they do not suck. the ohio express/1910 rulez! (much more than korn, btw) "indian giver" is a great song as is "yummy yummy" and "1-2-3 redlight" (the later covered early on by the talking heads. the katz dude (that was the last name of the main songwriter i believe) kicks ass with his band of studio folks. -d. gauss

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That whole "bubblegum" stuff...(we can't forget Tommy Roe of "Dizzy" fame either) was as much a part of the 60s as anything else. Yeah, it was dumb...but as a pre-teen kid I just took it in stride for the most part. That "bubblegum" music is still around today, if you ask me, that's the whole Britney thing.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

I always thought that music was some silly-assed shit. I still do! There is no way I can look back and feel a longing for the days of those groups. I shudder just to think about them... But, to their credit, they at least had the honesty to know what it was and not pretend it was anything else. They found a demographic, and fed it their best. No facade of hipness ever surrounded the bubble-gum groups, that's for sure! UNLIKE the same leveled, cheezy, bubble-gum type groups that flooded MTV with saccarine laden videos in the early '80's, and tried making like they were some kind of "cutting edge" music. Just because they dressed like kids who raided Grandma's "rag bag" and dyed their hair with kool-ade colors. At least the '60's bubble-gum groups were upfront about who they were and what they did, and for that I salute them! Whitefang
I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

[quote]Originally posted by Hank The Cave Peanut: [b]manufactured music from the past... [/b][/quote]That pretty much says it all.An outside party wrote the music&lyrics,studio musicians recorded it and the so-called band was pretty much around for the photos and interviews.If what they came up with suits you, fine,I personally hated most pop stuff,especially that.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

I think "Yummy Yummy Yummy (I've Got Love in My Tummy)" is one of the greatest pop songs ever recorded. We did it for a talent show at the school where I work a few years ago (although our version was juiced up a bit). How could anyone not love this insanely catchy song?

[quote]Originally posted by Ken/Eleven Shadows: [b]I think "Yummy Yummy Yummy (I've Got Love in My Tummy)" is one of the greatest pop songs ever recorded. We did it for a talent show at the school where I work a few years ago (although our version was juiced up a bit). How could anyone not love this insanely catchy song?[/b][/quote]Maybe it's because they have taste? Anyway, I shouldn't have to tell you how we used to lampoon that song back then, and just what we replaced the original lyrics WITH, should I? Whitefang
I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Archived