Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Renamed: NAB hang 4/8/03

Dave Bryce

I believe I may be able to provide a few extra passes to the NAB show next week if anyone needs 'em. We're not using all of ours, and I think there's still enough time for me to have a few more issued...if you don't mind walking around the show with ADAM Audio badges... :thu:

Lemme know...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I just got a boatload of passes in the mail today - but folks have to register online to use them.

Go here

Fill in Code MJ 1287

Then, let me know, and I'll leave you a pass at my hotel.

I have a ton af these, so I can give anyone who wants them can have as many as they'd like, but you need to do this procedure for each person who wants a pass. Just let me know so I know how many to bring with me.

Also, if you register online on or before April 2nd, it's free. If you don't do it until after April 2nd, there'll be a $20 fee.

dB

Did we nail down the specific meeting place for the Monday night dealybob?

I'm still working my schedule so that I have no other commitments for Monday night...which means I will possibly actually go. Stranger things have happened.

- Jeff

Did we nail down the specific meeting place for the Monday night dealybob?

Originally posted by JimmieWannaB:

Sounds like we've settled on Monday. Anyone want to go out on a limb and set a time?

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Maybe we could just meet at Steve's gig, between 5 and 6:30 - that way, we could leisurely trickle in as our schedules permit...that might be cool...

dB

Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy:

...which means I will possibly actually go. Stranger things have happened.

- Jeff[/QB]

Ha!

I'll believe it when I see it happen...

So who's hanging with me Tuesday night?

This girl needs to party in Vegas! :D

Valky

Valkyrie Sound:

http://www.vsoundinc.com

Now at TSUTAYA USA:

http://www.tsutayausa.com

Originally posted by Valky

If you want to hang with someone who likes butt ugly naked guys playing keyboards for his avatar :eek: , I'm available. Otherwise, you'll have to settle for Jeff.

Originally posted by Valky

If you want to hang with someone who likes butt ugly naked guys playing keyboards for his avatar :eek: , I'm available. Otherwise, you'll have to settle for Jeff.
Gosh... I guess I'll have to flip a coin... :rolleyes::D:P

Dave... save me!

Valky

Valkyrie Sound:

Now at TSUTAYA USA:

This pesky new job, though. I suppose it would be pretty bad form to take a sudden two-day holiday in my second week?
Those bastids! It's not enough that they want to pay you but they also expect you to show up at work. I'd be looking for a new job if I were you. :D

Originally posted by valky

Dave... save me!

Valky

Okay...

Hey Valky - let's hang out and party on Tuesday night - whaddaya say?

dB

I feel so unwanted. Sniff. :cry:

I really don't have a thing for butt ugly naked guys playing keyboards. Honest. I just think they make cool avatars. (Wait a minute. That is not helping my case.) How about that they make funny avatars? (Too late. Missed chance. Another lonely week in Vegas. When I ever learn to keep my fetishes to myself?)

Maybe we could just meet at Steve's gig, between 5 and 6:30
More specifically, the Paris Hotel in the Napoleon's Lounge. According to Steve, "It's in the crossover mall connecting Paris to Bally's."

dB

Otherwise, you'll have to settle for Jeff.

I know no Valky. I used to have a friend named Valky, but she was a much nicer person than this...forum member...claiming to be her. :cool:

- Jeff

Originally posted by synthetic:

Congratulations! Is the wedding coming up this weekend or is this a delayed honeymoon?

This Sunday! :):love::D
Wow! That's right.

Congrats, synthetic. I wish you and your bride-to-be all the happiness in the world.

- Jeff

Originally posted by synthetic:

Congratulations! Is the wedding coming up this weekend or is this a delayed honeymoon?

This Sunday! :):love::D
Does Guitar Center, Sam Ash, etc. have a bridal registry?

Congratulations! Wishing you much happiness...and hoping you don't have to listen to "Celebration" at the reception.

Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy:

Congrats, synthetic. I wish you and your bride-to-be all the happiness in the world.

As do I. :wave:

Best wishes to you and Anastasia - have a great time, and a wonderful honeymoon!

dB

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Maybe we could just meet at Steve's gig, between 5 and 6:30
More specifically, the Paris Hotel in the Napoleon's Lounge. According to Steve, "It's in the crossover mall connecting Paris to Bally's."

dB

Sorry guys, slight change of plans; Just confirmed with Tommy last night that we'll be doing a convention at the Mirage Monday night instead of our Napoleon's gig. Somebody will be doing the Napoleon's gig, but it won't be us. :confused:

The rest of the week will be business as usual, though, including having Tuesday off. So if Tuesday works for a get-together with you guys, I can get in on that. Otherwise, it'll have to be Wednesday evening after 10 if you want to hear us. Unless you're in the group we'll be playing for at the Mirage, that is... ;)

Anyway, sorry for the late notice. These casuals usually pop up within a week of the gig, so I'm letting you guys know as soon as I know. Hope it didn't mess up your plans too badly. :o

BTW Dave, I think I'll take up your offer for one of those NAB passes. I'm off Tuesday with nothing more important to do. :idea:

Peace all,

Steve

><>

Steve

Originally posted by Bucktunes

Sorry guys, slight change of plans; Just confirmed with Tommy last night that we'll be doing a convention at the Mirage Monday night instead of our Napoleon's gig. Somebody will be doing the Napoleon's gig, but it won't be us.

Bummer. But then again, I assume it's a paying gig so why complain.

I'm still open Tuesday evening if we want to change the get together to a night Steve can join us.

BTW Dave, I think I'll take up your offer for one of those NAB passes. I'm off Tuesday with nothing more important to do.
I think yesterday was the last chance for freebies online. If Dave doesn't have one, I ordered an extra for myself at my home address on the off chance I got laid off ('tis the season). Thought I might need to come to the show and push resumes instead of product.

Steve - If you need it, I can leave it at Bally's front desk for you to pick up anytime after Friday afternoon.

I assume it's a paying gig so why complain.

True, but for me there's not much pay advantage over a Monday night at Napoleon's, because I make more for that 90 minute solo piano thing. Plus, getting in and out of the Mirage is such a PITA. :eek:

I'm not complaining though, because the other guys get a nice extra chunk of change. Sometimes you gotta go with what works for the team. :)

Steve - If you need it, I can leave it at Bally's front desk for you to pick up anytime after Friday afternoon.
Thanks bro, but that won't be necessary. The cut-off for registering was today, and I went to the link Dave posted and got in under the wire. They sent me back a confirmation email, so I'm all legit. Looking forward to meeting you guys! :cool:

Peace all,

Steve

><>

Steve

Originally posted by Bucktunes:

So if Tuesday works for a get-together with you guys, I can get in on that.

Sounds like a plan to me...how does that work for everyone else?

If it is Tuesday, where and when would we hook up? Steve, you're the resident Vegas expert...got any ideas? I'm thinking drinks and dinner, yes?

dB

As far as when and where to hook up, I'm thinking to just meet somewhere at the NAB show at the end of the day. I can provide a ride for 3 large adults. (or 4, as long as 3 of them really like each other! :D )

For the dinner and drinks;

- What kind of food?

- How much do you want to spend?

- With or without live entertainment?

There are literally hundreds of places in Vegas to eat and drink, so you tell me what you want and I'll do a little research. Or you can check out this link for a few ideas. :)

Peace all,

Steve

><>

Steve

Tuesday night sounds cool...

I still love the places at Mandaly Bay... yummy!

Rumjungle:

http://www.mandalaybay.com/dining/restaurants/rumjungle.jsp

Other places:

http://www.mandalaybay.com/dining/restaurants.jsp

My preferences would be:

1. something "different" the more exotic the better for me :)

2. No live entertainment... can't hear anything... can't talk to anyone without shouting

3. I like to spend money on food in vegas... so I really don't care (I get a cheap hotel so I have more food money!) :D

I also will have a rental car if anyone needs a ride. 4 more people

Valky

Valkyrie Sound:

Now at TSUTAYA USA:

Archived