Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Just got some news...

Goldberg

I just got back from New York, and my parents told me about the Steinway M they bought two or three months ago (they sort of had it on "hold" if you will), which will be delievered this Friday!!! Do you want to know how I feel? :D Can you say, excited as hell? It's unbelievable!

Of course, I'll have to have a talk with my piano teacher; he was apparently in on it the whole time...

In New York, of course, I made a stop at Steinway Hall and spent a few minutes (unfortunately I didn't have a lot of time) playing some D's in the Rubenstein room upstairs. I also made a stop at a store called the Klavierhaus to play on a Bechstein (my first time playing on one, it was rather nice actually), and then another store right by that which specializes in rebuilding pianos.

Ok, well, I just wanted to share the news of the M with some fellow musicians. You'll probably hear a lot more about it on Saturday...

"Bach is ever new"-Glenn Gould

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congratulations! I know exactly how you feel (see photo to left)! Make sure they set the piano up, regulate it, voice it, and tune it exactly the way you want it- Steinways are somewhat notorious for needing that extra bit of work between factory and your home, but they well reward the work put into them. Nothing sounds quite like one.....!

Go ahead, just make me jealous!!! I've got a Kawai that my aunt has willed to me that came out of my grandma's house. It's old, in excellent shape, and sounds totally juicy. I'm not looking forward to getting it actually. I mean, I'm gonna love the piano, but the situation is gonna suck if ya know what I mean.

Rick

Originally posted by Ohtar:

Whoohoo man you're a lucky bastard. So you don't need the piano patch anymore??? :D;)

:D lol! Guess not...it's a good thing though because I can't seem to get the patch program thing to work! This sort of thing might explain why I'm more into classical music than synth music...I'll keep trying though; thanks for the help!
"Bach is ever new"-Glenn Gould

Archived