Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The rest of the NBA 2002-2003

Dave Bryce

Okay, so here's a thread for anyone who'd like to talk about the NBA...all of the teams in the NBA...not just the Lakers. :rolleyes:

I hear there are other teams in the league, yes? :D

So, with only a few months to go until the playoffs, which team do those of you who aren't manic Laker fans think are looking strong?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

So, with only a few months to go until the playoffs, which team do those of you who aren't manic Laker fans think are looking strong?

Lakers.

Oh, sorry, wrong thread. :)

This is evil. Put the threads back in one NBA thread and I promise to make a post about...uh...one of those non-Laker teams.

Hey, how 'bout those Clippers! :freak:

- Jeff

I thought you were not talking about basketball Jeff. Go sit in your corner for another 171 days. :cool:

Robert

Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy:

Yeah...I miss football already. That's okay...just 172 days uuntil this event...

Bucs play Jets in American Bowl on Aug. 2

February 11, 2003

NEW YORK (AP) -- The NFL's American Bowl between the Super Bowl champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the New York Jets will be played in Tokyo on Aug. 2.

The game, scheduled for Hall of Fame weekend, marks Tampa Bay's first international appearance, and will be the first game between the Bucs and Jets since 1997.

Whoo-hooo!

- Jeff

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy:

This is evil.

Evil??? Moi??? :evil:

Put the threads back in one NBA thread and I promise to make a post about...uh...one of those non-Laker teams.

Hey, how 'bout those Clippers! :freak:

Mm-hmmm... ;)

Sooooo...Dallas gonna bounce back from back-to-back losses and stuff the Bucks this evening? :D

dB

Sooooo...Dallas gonna bounce back from back-to-back losses and stuff the Bucks this evening? :D

Guess not... ;)

At least the Sixers won - OT is hardly a romp, but I'll take the W. :thu:

dB

Originally posted by steadyb:

I can't believe you really went and fragmented the basketball thread. Keep it one thread or the terrorists win.

What basketball thread? :confused:

Oh, you mean the Lakers thread. :bor:

dB

This has got to be the weirdest college basketball season I've ever seen. Every time a team is ranked 1,2, or 3, expect them to lose their next game. Florida was ranked number 1 for the first time in the school's history. What happened, they got blown out by 40 points their next game. There is no consensus number one team in the college ranks this year. Should make for a very interesting March Madness.

Originally posted by Stephen LeBlanc:

Just finished watching the Celtics beat the Blazers...great game. Paul Pierce is such a great player if the Celtics had a solid big guy at center there's no telling what he'd be able to do.

Definitly one of the top 10 players in the league.

Yeah, with a solid big guy, I bet they would be one of the top 10 or 11 teams in the west. :P

Originally posted by schmoron13:

Just finished watching the Celtics beat the Blazers...great game. Paul Pierce is such a great player if the Celtics had a solid big guy at center there's no telling what he'd be able to do.

Definitly one of the top 10 players in the league.

Yeah, with a solid big guy, I bet they would be one of the top 10 or 11 teams in the west. :P
Nah, with a solid, big guy in the middle (read Shaq), maybe he might be an MVP candidate or labeled the best talent in the game. ;)

Woah, you guys are NUTS.

We have Celtics haters here too? What the hell?

I just know when one guy is able to draw near the entire Portland defense on almost every possession (Portland has a good D), he's proving himself.

Pierce and Walker get no love? Both these guys are playing hurt and they're bringing it every single night. They beat Portland at the Rose Garden with their two best players hurt(!!!)...Portland's being called one of the most promising teams in the league.

C'mon guys...I can understand hating the champs and all but this is ridiculous.

See that's the thing. BBall is so much like jazz in its balance of ensemble and individual. These hypothetical questions we've been asking--what would Kobe be without Shaq? What would Pierce be *with* Shaq--have no answers. Chemistry is elusive and mysterious. We can make certain educated assumptions, e.g., Iverson and Shaq would conflict because Iverson doesn't know how *not* to be the man, and stuff like that.

All I know for sure is that my dream team starts with Jason Kidd. He goes well with everybody.

ONE LEAGUE; ONE THREAD!

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Originally posted by Eric Worthington:

Pierce and Walker get no love?

Correct! :D:D
That's a Philly thing - when it comes to hoops, we hate Boston and LA pretty much equally... :mad:;)

dB

Originally posted by Rabid:

Originally posted by Magpel:

......These hypothetical questions we've been asking--what would Kobe be without Shaq?.....

I thought we found this answer during the first 1/3 of the season. A looser with lots of points. :P

Bingo. Not even a debatable point.

The only response from the ShaqKobe fans has been that Kobe was holding back for added drama. :rolleyes:

You guys wanna try coming up with a real answer??? Oh, wait - there is none.

dB

Originally posted by Rabid:

Originally posted by Magpel:

......These hypothetical questions we've been asking--what would Kobe be without Shaq?.....

I thought we found this answer during the first 1/3 of the season. A looser with lots of points. :P

Bingo. Not even a debatable point.

The only response from the ShaqKobe fans has been that Kobe was holding back for added drama. :rolleyes:

You guys wanna try coming up with a real answer??? Oh, wait - there is none.

dB

Nah, I gave a response...the role players were non-existant in the first stretch of the season. You guys seem to be arguing that ONE man can win basketball games by himself.

You guys hate so much that you have to suspend reality to tear Kobe down...hey why is this in the wrong thread. Bash the Lakers in the Lakers thread please. :rolleyes::P

:D

Archived