Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FORUM CD: Why they're delayed...

Dave Bryce

Hi, guys -

The reason that the Vol.4 CDs have not been shipped to you (or to me) is because Electric Records has been waiting on the art work which, as of Friday afternoon, has still not arrived there.

Steve Jordan - did you send it? Was it lost? You haven't answered any of the posts I've put up on the subject in several different threads nor the email that I sent you - is eveything okay?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys, I'm OK. I returned dB's email yesterday. As I explained to Dave this is our busiest time of year. I do read the postings, but I guess I missed those. I too busy to post as much as I usually do. I sent the final CD files a week from last Thurs by Airmail. Our Post Office says 4-7 days. If the files don't show at Electric Records today we should do something else. This is the busiest time of year for the Post Offices. Say tuned. Thanks for your concern, I'm touched.

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Originally posted by b_3guy:

Hey guys, I'm OK. I returned dB's email yesterday. As I explained to Dave this is our busiest time of year. I do read the postings, but I guess I missed those. I too busy to post as much as I usually do. I sent the final CD files a week from last Thurs by Airmail. Our Post Office says 4-7 days. If the files don't show at Electric Records today we should do something else. This is the busiest time of year for the Post Offices. Say tuned. Thanks for your concern, I'm touched.

Cool, Steve - that's pretty much what I figured...

Hey, did you get in touch w/ Electric Records before you sent the art? They've relocated...if not, I imagine the post office will forward it.

I'll call Heather today.

Thank you, sir!

dB

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Originally posted by steadyb:

Who should we get for Vol. 5??? ;)

I'm thinkin' maybe you should do it - then we can have Day-glo yellow and Barney purple artwork :D:rolleyes:;):P

dB

Think we could possibly find CD blanks in Lakers urine yellow? :D

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Hey, did you get in touch w/ Electric Records before you sent the art? They've relocated...if not, I imagine the post office will forward it.

I'll call Heather today.

Electric Records has the art. Thanks, Steve! :thu:

Hopefully, I'll have the finished discs by next week, and I'll turn them around and get them out to you guys probably within 48 hours of when I receive them.

Thanks for your patience!

dB

Gee, am I fired?
Not a chance. I'm afraid that the post is a lifetime appointment, unless you resign it... ;)

dB

Gee, am I fired?
Not a chance. I'm afraid that the post is a lifetime appointment, unless you resign it... ;)

dB

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'll resign when they pry the mouse from my cold, dead hands.

Steve

Originally posted by wrave:

Any news on this Dave? Or have I missed another posting?

...sigh...

This is actually beginning to bum me out a bit.

Okay, Electric Records got the art last week. They told me that they were overnighting me a proof to check.

They didn't.

I called them this morning, and was told that the artist's Quark was broken, and that now she needs EPS files.

I'm ticked off, because if I hadn't called to check, I doubt that they would have contacted me.

Steve J - can you please email them the art as Illustrator 7 EPS files? Send it ASAP to heat900@aol.com.

Sorry, guys...I'm thinking a Christmas arrival is unlikely at this point... :mad:

dB

Leave it with me. I might be able to do this in a quick & easy way. Who & where is heat900@aol.com? I'm concerned the email address has a low ceiling. The files were 13megs compressed. If the person has a ceiling of 10 megs, we're SOL.

Steve

Leave it with me. I might be able to do this in a quick & easy way. Who & where is heat900@aol.com?

Heat900 is heather at Electric Records.

(800) 367-1084.

If the person has a ceiling of 10 megs, we're SOL.

Can't you split it into separate files?

Good luck - we're all counting on you. ;)

Thanks, Steve!

dB

Thanks Dave and b_3guy. I was just curious as to how things were progressing. Appreciate the update. Only problem is, now I've got to go buy a copy of Bing Crosby's Christmas album to have something to listen to on the holiday. ;)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

ME: "Nobody knows the troubles I've seen!"

Unknown Voice: "The Shadow do!"

Archived