Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Home studio

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by C.M.: [b]What types of equipment do you guys record at home with? I have about 20 grand in guitars,bass,keyboards, and a Pro Tools rig(001 not the real shit). Lets hear it, logic , cubase , nuendo, what do you use?[/b][/quote]We have 4-5 synths & keyboards, a fairly extensive pile of MIDI stuff (sound generators, sequencers & the like), 2 small analog consoles (12x4x2 & 16x4x2), 2 PCs running Sonar + a few dozen DX plugins, Cooledit (for mastering), about 10 guitars, 2 basses, maybe 20-25 mics, in 2 separate locations (one for jamming, collaborative songwriting & recording jams, and one for mastering, doing personal projects and small-job for-hire recording; typical clients are solo 'singer/songwriter' acts that want backup arrangements & tracks created). I believe the tools are a lot less important than the tool-user - - any idiot can buy a hammer, but most idiots can't build a house......

Tell me more about mastering with cool edit. I have PT on my mac and C.E. on my pc. The C.E. is left over because I upgraded to PT. I like the layout of C.E.. It really never seems to get any respect at all. It was the only program I could use that would not crash on a pc. MAC rules(flame suite on). Plus , I have the Gold Bundle(direct X) so viva las vegas baby!!

[quote][b]a Pro Tools rig (001 not the real shit)[/b][/quote]I've been using the 001, and have been finding some things about it which I feel I should share with you: •Charles Dye (Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Ricky Martin, J-Lo...) stated on his forum this month that he personally has mixed many major-label releases that were recorded on 001's, and that it's quite commonly used for that purpose. •Lynn Fuston's recent convertor comparison CD rated the convertors on the 001 superior to the convertors on the 888/24's used by the "real shit." •The 32-bit floating point math used by your 001 is in some ways more efficient than the math used by the PT Mix systems (but not so with the new HD systems...oh well). Make no mistake: That 001 you've got is pro gear. Used with some decent mics, hardware preamplification and compression, and (of course) strong material and performances, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to make pro-level recordings with your 001.

Eric Vincent (ASCAP)

www.curvedominant.com

Lessee... Guitars: '63 Gretsch '65 Gibson ES330 Epiphone Emperor PRS Standard 24 PRS Custom 24 G&L Skyhawk Hamer Echotone Ibanez 12-String Eko El Dorado 6 Jackson Bass Drums: Early '60s Slingerland 5-piece Keys: Hammond B3 Cheapo RadioShack Amps: '75 Fender Bassman 4x10 Custom built monster based on Bassman with 2 10's Fender Blues DeVille '62 Ampeg Reverberocket KMD GS65D Misc. 12, 10 & 15 Speaker cabs Recording: Alesis 16 ch board ADAT's Fostex D108 MidiVerb MicroVerb Several multi-effect units Misc. EQs Intersound parametric EQ/spring reverb Misc. Cassette & CD Decks Useless DCC Deck Garrard Turntable (plays 78's) PCs: MPC P4 2GHz Gateway P2 266 (backup storage) Software: Acid Soundforge Cooledit ADAT Edit ADATConnect That's what I see while looking around the room anyway. I'm sure I missed something... Oh yeah, my Fostex 280 4-track cassette deck :)

I am running cubase SX on my laptop, set of ps6 monitors, .. a hair light on the VERY low end, but I like them a lot. and a RME multi face. .. and midi controler.. next thing to get is a nice set of pres and set if mics ( to go everything + stereo recording) cheers

[quote] Make no mistake: That 001 you've got is pro gear. Used with some decent mics, hardware preamplification and compression, and (of course) strong material and performances, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to make pro-level recordings with your 001 [/quote]Well its a good day in the nieborhood because I feel better now. I love it when I hear stuff like this. On the DUC all I hear is ,001 are you crazy?I have some good plugs to: I love Vari-fi , and GRM Tools(the bomb).

Digital Performer on a Dual 450 G4 Two MOTO 828's Two Studio Projects C1's A bunch of 57's and 58's Mackie 1604 VLZ Pro Two American Standard Strats A handmade Les Paul type guitar. Carvin 5 string bass (thanks Dan!!! :D ) 60's Fender Dual Showman, and Bandmaster A few guitar speaker cabs (4-10. 2-12, 4-12) A lot of other junk not worth mentioning.
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

[quote]Originally posted by C.M.: [b]Tell me more about mastering with cool edit. I have PT on my mac and C.E. on my pc. The C.E. is left over because I upgraded to PT. I like the layout of C.E.. It really never seems to get any respect at all. It was the only program I could use that would not crash on a pc. MAC rules(flame suite on). Plus , I have the Gold Bundle(direct X) so viva las vegas baby!![/b][/quote]Well, like I mentioned above, the tool isn't as important as the tool-user. But I like Cooledit for mastering because it has a fast, friendly, efficient user interface, sonic purity (32-bit audio for all internal work, tho it drops to 16 when using some dx plugins), an extensive library of built-in processing, and (for Version 1.2) is probably the most crash-proof program I've ever run into - - (I find Version 2 to not be as robust; it's crashed a couple times too many to suit me). BUT, to put things in perspective - For mastering, there are many thing much more important than the WAV editor you use. Here's my personal list, from most important to least: 1) The person must 'get' the music, and what the song is trying to do and say. 2) The person must have have an ear - be able to detect extremely subtle differences between before & after, over the entire amplitude & frequency range. 3) The monitoring system must be accurate, in dynamic range, frequency range & flatness, and in the time domain. This system includes the speakers, the room dimensions, the room acoustic treatment, the calibration of the system and the persons hearing. It is *possible* to do mastering with speakers as a weak link (if the person has had 100's or 1000's of listening hours with those speakers, and knows them intimately), but skimping on any of the others is guaranteed to work badly. 4) The person must have both the technical knowledge of his tools (how to use them), and lengthy experience of when to use them, when to stop, and when to not do anything. 5) The WAV editor toolset - editor software, plugins, outboard gear, mix console. There is a minimum quality level that is expected, but esoteric and outlandishly expensive stuff is not required. So, of the 5 things listed, only 2 of them can be bought. The rest are only obtained by paying dues. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not trying to poke at you or anything... I'm just giving my perspective.

Well I've got at least 60 instruments (including 4 pianos & a dozen guitars) so I won't list 'em all; and about 50 microphones, so I won't list those either. Hmm... OK, main recording gear: PREAMPS: Groove Tubes Vipre Crane Song Flamingo Crane Song Spider Grace 101 Earthworks Lab102 Earthworks 1024 Peavey VMP-2 SP VTB-1 Digital Mixers: Mackie D8B (2) Tascam DM-24 Recorders: Mackie HDR24/96 Mackie MDR24/96 ADAT XT20 (2) ADAT XT (2) Fostex E-16 Fostex M-80 Otari MX5050 Alesis Masterlink ML9600 Tascam DA20 MKII Monitors: ADAM S4C-As ADAM S2As Mackie HR824s Alesis Monitor 2s Outboard: Z-Systems Q2 TC M3000 Lexicon PCM 81 Lexicon PCM 60 Lexicon Vortex Apogee Rosetta Lucid AD9624 Lucid DA9624 Lucid GENx6 Crane Song HEDD192 Crane Song Trakker (2) Peavey VC/L 2 FMR RNC There's more, but that's the basics. Scott

Here's the 'short list' of recording stuff most commonly used in my home studio. 3 ADAT-XT 20's (mainly used these days for A/D, D/A) 2 MOTU 2408 MKII's 1 Mackie 24-8 Buss 1 - 2.2Ghz P4, 2 SCSI HD's w/RAID controller, interface - Motu 2408 PCI, MIDISport 2X2 USB, 512 RAM, CDRW, 21" Viewsonic monitor, 15" HP monitor. Sonar 2.0, Cakewalk 9.03, Waves -Gold (DX), Renaissance collection, Restoration, Masters, Wavelab 3, Acid 3, Fruity Loops 3, MIDISport 2X2 USB. 1 Tascam 5000 CDRW 1 Denon CDRW 1 pair Event 20/20 bas monitors, 1 pair JBL 8" 'pot bellys' 1 pair Paradigm 'Studio Monitors' w/Hot House amp. 1 AKAI R-to-R 2 tracker outboard EFX, EQ's, compressors, guitar & bass POD Pro's, BBE's, mic pre's, drum machines, 20 some mics. (dynamic, condensors, ribbons, PZM's) Matt
In two days, it won't matter.

I'm in the slums when it comes to recording gear :D : Yamaha AW4416 recorder/mixer/effects KRK V8 monitors 2 JoeMeek VC3Q's 1 Presonus Blue Tube Mics: 2 SM57's 1 SM58 2 CAD E-100's 1 CAD E-200 1 Beyer M-160 ribbon 1 Senn MD421 1 EV ND868 That's it. However... I've got a nice big (19x24) studio room, and my actual source gear is good stuff: 1952 Gibson Les Paul 1963 Gibson SG Jr. 1968 Fender Tele Custom 1965 Rickenbacker 450-12 string 1967 Rickenbacker 4001 bass 1970 Ampeg VT-40 1965 Fender Pro Reverb Ampeg B-15 bass amp and killer bass player to play through it Gretsch Broadkaster drum kit w/Zildjian cymbals and killer drummer to play it upright piano Security system: 1 Siberian Husky, 2 vicious guard kitties my fingers my ears a ton of attitude That's about all ya need I guess...

Well luckily I got all the guitars and amps back in the 80's when they were much more affordable. And I found killer deals on all of them even for the day. You would probably puke if you knew how much (or I should say how little) I paid for them. It's kind of stupid how much they're worth now, but I don't think about it because I have no intention of selling them... people always ask me how much my stuff is worth and I say I really don't want to know, because in any case it could never be as much as they're worth to ME when I am actually playing them!

Home Studio Set Up: 450 Dual 896/20/60 iMacDV 768/60 gig (setting it up as both a dedicated software synth and Spectrafoo computer) Metric Halo 2882 dsp (has 8 more than decent mic pres) MOTU 2408mkII MOTU 1224 2 Millennia Media Quad HV-3 mic pre (8 channels) OWC Mercury Elite Firewire Drive Enclosure Lexicon PCM 91 Lexicon MPX-500 Peavy VC/L-2 Tube Dual Compressor FMR RNC Compressor SansAmp rackmount Sony 7506 Headphones NHT Pro Powered Monitors with subwoofer EV Sentry 100As mics: Royer 121 Ribbon, Baby Bottle, SM57, AT3035 (more to come) Que Fire Wire CD Burner Midi Instruments: (way old crap) MTP AV usb MTP serial Fast lane midi interface GR-1 Roland R8 Drum Machine Roland D-50 VFXsd Keyboard Proteus Ensoniq SQ-R Korg M3-R Akai S900 TX-7 Guitars: Gibson ES355 Fender Strat Plus w/ Eric Clapton circuitry Strat with GK-2 pickup Taylor XXV-DR Anniversary Acoustic Gibson Les Paul 25/50 Anniversary Gibson Chet Atkins Electric Classical Fender Precision Squire Bass Ovation 12 String Martin Backpacker Epihone Broadway (1965) Software: Digital Performer 3.11 Altiverb Channel Strip Spectrafoo Waves Renaissance C4 UAD-1 Realverb PSP Vintage Warmer and Mix package Auto Tune Waveburner Pro SoundDiver Unisyn Digitranslator Battery Reason Rebirth Halion Reaktor Never use the software synth stuff those. I'm a guitar player fer chrissakes!

All the best,

Henry Robinett

I live in the slums with Lee, in the cardboard box behind her place: :D Opcode Vision DSP on Mac G3 w/OS 8.6 Echo Layla and Opcode Studio 128 interfaces 3 cheepie 32-band EQs Yammie A-3000 sampler, TG-77 synth Proteus Alesis 3630 compressor Oberheim Matrix 1000 2 C-1000 mics and 1 cheepie Rode large diaphragm Tannoy Reveals powered by an Alesis RA-100 This is my road rig, which gets "plugged into" the studio during the week: Kurz PC 88 MX Yammie EX5 Nord Lead Electric solidbody fiddle Acoustic fiddle Bluetube preamp ART TPS preamp Yammie SPX 900 reverb Alesis Microverb II The one thing I can brag about is my custom desk. I sat in my chair, measured from my ear canals to the floor, matched this height to the top of the woofers in my Tannoys (their recommendation) at the proper angle, then designed the desk underneath that requirement. I've got six rack spaces on each side, computer monitor mounted exactly at my eye level, a nice big area which used to house my Mackie 24-channel mixer (the band usurped that from me :( ) and the computer keyboard mounted for my height also. Its built out of solid birch, birch plywood and oak, wish I had some way to post a picture.

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

[b][i]Geeeesh, Henry! [/b][/i] :eek: Go easy on us!!! I don't think you listed what kind of picks you use. :D Ya got my respect for having a 335, though. Oh how I've wanted one of those! Just never been able to justify it. Now I want to hear you PLAY it. Got anything online? [quote]Originally posted by Lee Flier: [b]However... I've got a nice big (19x24) studio room, and my actual source gear is good stuff: [/b][/quote]Exactly what I would have expected from you, Lee. Right down to the large outdoorsie dog... Very purposeful and carefully selected. Your my kind of people! It's too bad we don't live near each other. I'd bet we would get along well. Do you own the piano and the drums? That sounds like a nice room, is it in a house, or do you rent space? Also, is the recording gear for personal use, or are you set up as a business? GREAT THREAD BY THE WAY... I've been salavating like crazy, I'm breaking out in cold sweats, and there is this strange burning sensation localized in my back pocket where -oddly enough- I tend to keep my wallet. I JUST don't understand it!?!?!? :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

[quote]Originally posted by Super 8: [b][b][i]Geeeesh, Henry! [/b][/i] :eek: Go easy on us!!! I don't think you listed what kind of picks you use. :D Ya got my respect for having a 335, though. Oh how I've wanted one of those! Just never been able to justify it. Now I want to hear you PLAY it. Got anything online? [/b][/quote]I use Hotlicks copper picks gauge #10 :D Sorry. I had the list already compiled so I just copied it over. I used to have a couple of tunes online but I don't think they're up any longer. I no longer have a website. There are various snippets up at Amazon and other sites like that. But I think they're just snippets. Nothing [b][i]I'd[/i][/b] put up. Sorry about the gear list, but I just lost my other studio situation so I'm feeling a bit unworthy!

All the best,

Henry Robinett

You cats have some cool toys. :) We've got: Mackie 24-4, two 1202s, Hill Multimix ADAT blackface 900 Celeron Leoni overclocked PC with 30 gig music drive and 40 gig boot and storage drive, DAL Card Deluxe, ADAT card and Yammy scsi CD burner. Cake 9.03, Sound Forge, Cake and Waves plugs. Avalon/Mercenary edition 737 SPX-90 several Rane EQs Ashley parametric RNC Midiverb II, Quadraverb and Midiverb IV Portable DAT Mesa Boogie MK IV with NO symul class Mesa Studio Caliber 1 x 12" 4X10" and 4x12" cabs. Cream Machine, Boss GT-3 and Rockman X-100 Schecter Strat with EMGs Schecter P-J Bass (these are mid 80s made in Texas axes) Two home made guitars with cherry bodies and solid rosewood necks. Epi Sheridon 60s Gibson flat top, 30s Gibson arch top, 1972 Martin 0-16 N.Y., Epi gut string Selmer MK VI Alto sax, mandolin, suprano and alto recorders, slide whistle, Raja Zeetar electric sitar etc. Roland VG-8 EX and GR-33 Proteus 2000 with ZR rom, Boss DS-330, Roland D-10 and D-110, Emax II, Alesis D-4 and Roland SPD drum pad. AKG 414, C-1000, Shure SM-81, 57 and 58, SP C-1, EV dynamics, Senn 431, Rat Shack condenser Ludwig 60s 4-piece kit with Zildjian and Paste cymbals. Bongos and tamborine. Since we mainly record one part at a time, most vocals, guitars and basses go through the Avalon and the Mackie or Hill submixes midi stuff and monitors. I'm trying to decide which I like better. The Hill sounds better, but the Mackie has way more features. Don't use the ADAT much anymore but it's cool for getting more than two channels at once. Oops, forgot monitors. Auratones, NS-10M Studios and a big set of three ways I made myself; Phillips designed constant impedance 3-way X-over crossed at 500 Hz and 4500 Hz. L-pads on the tweets and mids. Eclipse 12" woofs, Phillips sealed 4" midranges, Audax titanium tweets. These are kind of my version of the big JBL 3-ways.

[quote]Originally posted by Super 8: [b]Exactly what I would have expected from you, Lee. Right down to the large outdoorsie dog... Very purposeful and carefully selected. Your my kind of people! It's too bad we don't live near each other. I'd bet we would get along well. [/b][/quote]Probably so! Thanks for the kind words, one can never have too many of those... :) [quote][b] Do you own the piano and the drums?[/b][/quote]Yep... the piano I got for 100 bucks at a thrift store. It looked like hell, but all the keys worked! So I took it home, got it tuned up and gave it some "vibe" by painting it red, black and yellow like an old bordello piano. :D The drum kit on the other hand, I bought new and spent some serious bucks on it. As most of you know, despite being a guitar player I have a major drum fetish, the drum sound has just GOTTA be right. I heard these things at a (sadly now defunct) drum shop a few years ago and just had to have them. Figured I could use them to lure drummers in here, too. It worked. :D [quote][b] That sounds like a nice room, is it in a house, or do you rent space?[/b][/quote]It's in the basement of my house. When I moved to Atlanta all I wanted was a house with a full basement for my studio and a big yard for my dog and garden. If it didn't have a stove or something, that was OK. :D Never could have dreamed of owning such a thing in L.A., I was like I kid in a candy store when I got here! [quote][b]Also, is the recording gear for personal use, or are you set up as a business?[/b][/quote]My intention was that it would be mostly for personal use, with the occasional paid project. That's pretty much how it's worked out. [quote][b] GREAT THREAD BY THE WAY... [/b][/quote]Yeah I agree! I hear about people's gear in bits and pieces but it's nice to see it all spelled out what everybody uses.

Spirit Digital 328 mixer w/KRK V8's & Yamaha NS10's MOTU 2408 & 308 - also MTPAV parallel Lexicon PCM 91, MPX1 Roland SRV3030D, Boss SE50 & Parametric EQ ( Don't laugh, they still gets use! ) Langevin DVC varying supply of mics borrowed and/or lent out including Shure58s, 57's, KSM27, KSM32,Sennhaiser 421's, Earthworks SR77s, Neumann 184s, Cad E-200, AT 4060 1ghz PC running Win2Kpro: Sonar 2.1 Rearendo 1.6 Waves pentium800mhz windows98 machine running Gigastudio attached to a Egosys Wamirack Selmer alto & tenor saxes Roland A-80, D-70 & JX8P Hammond B-3 w/Leslie Korg X5RD, Proformance Piano Fender Mustang ( '63) & some other shit in the garage. Most of this is packed & under a tarp while I'm doing the construction in the basement.
Woof!

Yeah, it's interesting to see what others are using to chase their muse. Note to Eric (Curve) - I've been present at the Gearslutz forum for a while now - I'm not really a prolific poster, I spend a lot more time in my studio than perusing the various music forums. On almost every place but here I'm known as DigitMus. See you around! Scott

DAW STUFF Really old PII 400mhz with 512 megs ram running WIN2K Pro SP1 CEP 1.2 & 2.0 (Why CEP?... Because I like it and it serves my purpose! :) ) Logic Audio 5.0 Audio Compositor Sonic Foundry Acoustic Mirror (With lotsa Lexicon, Quantec & TCM3000 reverb impulse reponses) Isotope Ozone (Kinda hankering for Waves Gold and their mastering series plugins. But the $$$$$$$!! :( ) Layla 24/96 CONSOLE STUFF Sound Workshop Series 40 20 Channel console (Penny & Giles faders) Mackie VLZ1404 MONITORING STUFF Custom built 6.5" 2way monitors Custom built monitor amp 180watt RMS channel Behringer Powerplay HA4000 headphone amplifier x 1 Sony MDR-7506 headphones x 4 Stax Electrostatic headphones x 1 MICROPHONE STUFF Neumann U77 x 1 Neumann KMS84i x 1 AKG 451 x 4 AKG C60 tube x 1 Beyer Dynamic M201 x 2 Audio Technica ATM-25 Shure SM57 x 4 Shure SM58 X 2 Radio Shack PZM x 2 (modified) PREAMP STUFF Neve 3115 pre/eq x 1 (Phoenix Audio class A output stage) Custom built micpres x 4 OUTBOARD STUFF RME mono limiter x 1 (great squish box! :D ) Aphex Compellor x 1 RNC compressor x 3 Behringer MDX2100 Composer x 1 Custom built stereo compressor x 1 Behringer XR2000 gates x 2 Alesis Midiverb II (monitor reverb only) RECORDER STUFF Tascam Model 58 1/2" 8 track reel-reel (inc DBX) - any offers?? :confused: Otari MX5050 1/4" half track @ 15ips reel-reel Revox B77 1/4" half track @ 15ips reel-reel Sony JA3ES Minidisc recorder Sony MZR50 portable minidisc recorder Luxman K15 three head, dual capstan casssette deck KEYBOARD STUFF Yamaha KX88 midi controller keyboard GUITAR STUFF K.Yairi YD-5 6 string acoustic guitar Lowden L25 6 String acoustic guitar (reeeeally nice!! :D ) La Patrie Concert nylon string acoustic guitar ...plus the usual collection of other junk!! Whoops!... Time for a cleanout!
"WARNING!" - this artificial fruit juice may contain traces of REAL FRUIT!!

Okay, I wasn't going to post because the original question CM posted was regarding everyone's RECORDING setups. But who around here ever listens to CM anyway??? ;) And since this has turned into more of a show-n-tell time I s'pose I'll play along. As I gaze 'round the room that serves as the Headquarters of The Bearded Goose Recording Studio & Hair Salon, I am struck by the story my gear collection tells about me. A story of simple promising beginnings. Of dreams and aspirations. Of dashed hopes and a broken heart. And eventually, of bitter revenge! Nah! It's just a collection of music gear... :cool: Actually, it does tell of the directions I've worked toward over the years, but never realized to the level of my expectations. I've always wanted a nice recording studio but it has never been practical for my needs to go beyond the 4-track/MIDI level. I don't need Bearsville to sketch out my musical ideas. So, I've put my money on the performance gear side where I stood a chance of R.O.I. [i]-as if[/i]... :rolleyes: Here we go: [b]Recording gear:[/b] I don't do audio recording at present, but that will soon start to change since I'm upping my credentials professionaly to include limited types of recording. [b]String boxes[/b] * 1974 Giannini nylon string guitar: -my baby- My first instrument. Me and that guitar have had alot of midnight talks over the past 25+ years. And even though she was dropped once and suffered cracked neck near the body (repaired), she still holds perfect tune and sounds and plays beautifly. In fact I've had many musicians (some of them heavyweights) comment on how nice she sounds and plays. Obviously very special to me. * Charvel Model 5 electric: Neck-through body, Two Jackson Humbucker Active pickups, a very handy mid-range boost knob, Kahler wigglestick with a nice rolling bridge (very smooth action, way better than those 'dive-bomber' Floyd-Rose Piece-O-Craps). Say what you will about late '80s metalgod guitars, this one is different. Great tone, plays great. Yeah the headstock is that aggressive 'pointy looking' thing, but the body is finished in an attractive and understated dark burgundy (No chartreuse or hot-pink for me!). Very versitle guitar. *(Guitar WISH LIST -want, but have no good reason to buy :cry: ) Gibson 335 or 175, Ashbory bass with a stomp-box envelope generator/filterbank with resonance. [b]MIDI Gear[/b] *Roland GI-10 Guitar-MIDI converter/Special Roland pickup *Drum Controllers include: Zendrum (my main axe), Roland OctapadII, Kat Drumkat EZ, Roland PM-16 for connecting Simmons pads [i](which can also double as a fine countertop laminate! :D )[/i], Stealth SS kick trigger pad (the bass drum that fits in your pocket), plus a Hi-hat pedal and numerous accessories. It served me well over the years, but the Zendrum does it all much better. [b]Keyboard/Synths[/b] *Roland JV-880 synth *Yamaha DX-27 synth *Ensoniq EPS sampler *Kawai K5000W synth * Oh, and how cool is this? Full nextdoor access to my Mom's Yamaha baby grand piano. It'll be mine someday, but I hope that day never comes. [b]Electronic Percussion [/b] *SAKATA DPM-48 Drum machine (1983, Pre-MIDI) in NEW condition in original box -never even been used! A friend of mine who owns an electronics refurbishing company bought a lot that had a box containing about 10 of these. So he gave me one. Unfortunatly, the power supply is the kind they use overseas so I've never gotten to play with it. Sure looks cool though... *Roland DDR-30 Digital Drum module -(1985)Great electronic sound/Lots of sound editing params/Fun to play with! *Roland TR-505 drum machine *Roland R8m Drum module -still one of best sounding units I've heard. *Roland TD-7 Drum module [b]Accoustic drumkit[/b] (yes, I DO have one...) * Yamaha Stage series (not exactly top of the line, but still sounds very good) mahogany shells, 20" Bass drum, '16, '12, '10, '8, toms fitted with Remo clear Ambassador skins on top, Diplomats on bottom, and mylar 'O' rings to lightly dampen. *Pork Pie Percussion snare drum (One VERY sassy snare, I might add) 12'x6 1/2' with a maple shell, fitted with a coated Ambassador skin, a few carefully placed pieces of duct tape for lite dampening. This snare can FUNK like a piccolo, but retains it's depth and has a nice warm tone -it's a pleasure to play this drum. *Crash Cymbals: Zildjian 16" Rock, Paiste 505 16". *Splash Cymbals: Paiste 10" thin, UFIP 8" classic series (both are great cymbals) *Ride Cymbal: Zildjian K 20", and occasionally a Zildjian 20" EarthRide. *I may as well mention the sticks: They're Pro-Mark Natural 5A hickory. [b]Connections/Processing[/b] *Mackie 1202 mixer *Sony MDR-7506 Headphones *SM-58 mic Digital & Analog signal processing *Korg A3 multi FX *Alesis Midiverb II FX *Furman Sound spring-reverb *Delta Lab DL-4 [b]Computers/Software[/b] *Athlon 800Mhz 384Mb RAM, Two 20Gig Hardrives *Win ME *Sonar *Cool Edit *Band-in-a-Box *286 Laptop with Roland MPU-IPC-T card & 1in 2out MIDI box *DOS 5 *Cakewalk 5.0 for dos

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Archived